𝑿𝑳𝑰𝑿 - 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆

「𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒂'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗」

Today, 31st of December, I couldn't help but feel excited for tonight. We weren't doing anything special. No parties or anything. Just celebrating New Year at home.

After getting out of bed, I picked an outfit for today and changed quickly before heading downstairs with the others. I heard sounds coming from the small library down the hall, and my curiosity was piqued. Slowly walking over to the library, I stood in the doorway as I looked inside the room.

Sodo and Aether were there, Sodo, on Aether's shoulders so he could reach the top shelf.

I laughed quietly. « What are you doing? » I asked, amused.

« Huh? » Sodo said, turning his head and smiling at me once he saw me. « Oh, we're just hiding Cirrus's diary. » He said.

« Really? She's gonna murder you. At least tell me you didn't read it. » I said, raising an eyebrow.

Sodo snorted out a laugh. « There's a lock on it. » He said.

« Good enough. » I said. « Why are you pranking her anyway? » I then asked, wondering why they were pranking Cirrus of all people.

« I don't know. She's an easy target. » Sodo answered, Aether chuckling in answer.

I scoffed. « Seriously? » I said.

« Totally. » He told me.

« Well, whatever... I'll be there to film the drama once she finds out. » I joked as I walked away.

« Wait, what? » Was the last thing I heard from Sodo before I walked away.

Entering the kitchen, I saw Mountain looking like he was baking something.

« Good morning, Mountain! » I said, smiling at him.

He looked up from what he was baking and smiled back at me. « Good morning, Neptune. » Mountain spoke.

« What are you baking? » I asked curiously as I walked over to him, behind the counter.

« Oh, I was trying to do cupcakes! » He answered, still smiling down at me. « When I say trying, I mean that I hope I don't mess everything up. »

I chuckled. « Would you like some help? » I asked, wanting to help him.

« Sure thing! » Mountain answered my question happily.

I rolled up my sleeves and washed my hands before walking back to where he was and gladly helping with the cupcakes. As soon as they were in the oven, we made the icing and put it on the cupcakes once they were ready.

As the plate of cupcakes was on the counter with a bunch of cupcakes on it, Mountain smiled and chuckled. « Thanks for the help, Neptune. » He said.

« No problem! » I said, looking up at him and smiling back.

« Oh! Cupcakes! » We heard Swiss say seconds before one of our freshly baked cupcakes was already gone.

« Swiss! » Both Mountain and I said.

« What? » He said, looking at us as he was swallowing the first bite he took of the cupcake.

I sighed. « Never mind, you can keep it. » I said, Mountain just laughing as this happened.

「Later」

I was sitting in the stairs of the front porch with Kelly as we talked. It was snowing a little, and the sky was covered in clouds. It was cold, but we didn't really care as we were just taking some fresh air.

« What do you think would've happened if we never went to the concert in the first place...? » Kelly asked out of nowhere.

I chuckled. « Where did that even come from? » I asked, wondering why she had asked that.

« I don't know! » She said, shrugging.

I then sighed quietly. « I guess... we would've continued our normal lives. » I answered.

« Yeah... seems logical. But I just can't imagine my life without Swiss now. » Kelly said, smiling.

I smiled as well. « I guess... I can't really imagine without Sodo either. » I said, looking up at the sky before looking back at Kelly.

« Imagine... what if we never became friends? » Kelly asked.

« Alright, don't start this. » I said, laughing as I nudged her playfully.

She laughed along with me. « Fine, I'll stop. » She spoke before we heard the door open.

We both looked behind us and saw Mountain walking out of the house and coming to sit next to us.

« Hi, Mountain! » Kelly said as both of us smiled at him.

« Hey. » Mountain said, burying half of his face in his scarf. « You two are out there with just a coat, and you're telling me you aren't cold? » He asked, seeming amused yet a bit in disbelief.

Kelly and I chuckled. « We're not like other girls. » Kelly spoke sarcastically, which caused me and Mountain to laugh, especially by the way she said it.

...