𝑰𝑰 - 𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆

「𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒂'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗」

I couldn't believe it! Aether smiled at me and eventually spoke.

« Hi. » He said.

A simple hi was enough to get me all excited. I smiled widely at him, barely able to hide how excited and happy I was to see him right in front of me.

« Hello... » I said, a bit nervous.

« Listen, I'm gonna go straight to the point. Could you come with me? » He asked.

Me? Go with him? Where? This was creepy, yet at the same time, I didn't have enough time to be creeped out... I was way too happy to see him.

« Uh-... well, yeah. I mean... where? » I asked, looking around, still nervous to actually be talking with someone from my favorite band.

« Just backstage. » He said mindlessly.

« Wait, wait, wait... backstage? Do you mean with the band?! » I asked, my eyes growing wide with surprise.

He nodded and smiled at me.

Should I?

I looked around to see if Kelly was coming and smiled after making sure she wasn't there. I gestured for him that he could go and that I would follow him. My heart was beating hard in my chest... this was so exciting.

I grabbed my mask so I wouldn't leave it there and possibly have it get stolen and followed Aether until we got to a room backstage. He opened the door and told me to wait outside.

« Ah, right. Thank you, Aether! » I heard a very familiar voice inside the room.

Copia then came out of the room and closed the door behind him so we would be alone and unbothered by the ghouls inside. He was unmasked... Oh God.

« It's nice to see you again, Olivia » He said, smiling warmly at me.

« Wh-... How do you know my name? » I asked, confused.

« We know each other. Don't tell me you dont remember me... » Copia said, chuckling.

He then noticed the confusion and sighed. « From high school? » He said with a little smile.

« Oh! Oh my god! What?! » I said as it all snapped all of a sudden.

We were literally together in high school! How did I not recognize his face?! Well... okay, he had grown up, but come on...

Copia chuckled at my reaction. « So... I remember our music class together. You played guitar, didn't you? » He then asked.

« Yeah... we played together a few times. » I said, calming down slowly.

« Right. So what would you say if I told you that you could be a potential band member? Playing guitar and maybe doing some back vocals? We have plenty of time until the next tour so... » He said with a small smirk.

My eyes widened once again. « Wait, what?! » I exclaimed, a bit louder than intended.

« You heard me... » He said.

« Oh my-... I mean... I would love to! Why are you offering me this? » I asked.

« It's as easy as this... I've been looking for new musicians lately and you came to mind. I remember when we used to hang out in 9th grade... » Copia said, smiling as he remembered our friendship.

« Yeah... » I said, starting to remember why we stopped hanging out together.

I quickly shook off those thoughts and looked at Copia again.

« So... you're actually saying that I can be a member of your band? » I asked.

Copia smiled and nodded in answer to my question.

« I can't believe you, Copia... Thank you... » I muttered as I hugged him without asking first.

I quickly pulled away and apologized for the sudden hug, but he told me it was alright.

« So... What would you like the others to call you? They can't call you by your real name... I mean... you probably know the band and how they all have a nickname... » Copia said.

« Oh, right... What about Neptune...? » I said, chuckling nervously.

« Alright, Neptune! Pretty name for a pretty ghoulette. » Copia said.

« Oh... thank you, haha... » I said, blushing a little but smiling at Copia.

Was he flirting, or was he just complimenting me? Whatever... reminded me of when we used to hang out together.

Copia then gave me a slight nod and opened the door. All the ghouls looked at him, and I grew nervous upon seeing all the members from Ghost standing there.

« Alright, everyone... please welcome, Neptune, with us. A potential future member for the band! Joining Aether and Sodo on the guitar! » Copia said, smiling at the ghouls as he gestured for me to come in.

I stepped into the room, feeling nervous as I waved awkwardly at the 8 ghouls standing in the room. It felt so weird to see them all without their masks, but, ugh, they were so pretty!!!

« It's a pleasure to meet you, Neptune! » Aether was the first one to break the silence.

« Happy to have another ghoulette with us! » Cumulus said, Cirrus and Sunshine agreeing with her with big smiles underneath their masks.

« Happy to meet you, Neptune! » Mountain said, holding two drumsticks in his hands as he rubbed them together for no reason.

« Same! » Swiss said with that toothy grin of his.

« It's a pleasure to meet you, Neptune. » Rain said quietly but still loud enough for me to hear.

I smiled as I saw I was accepted by all the ghouls... well, almost. Sodo was standing there, his arms crossed, and frowning, him, who had literally thrown a pick at me and tried to reach out for me during Mummy dust.

« Sodo, maybe show a little respect..? Say hi, at least? » Cirrus asked the stubborn ghoul.

« Sorry, but I ain't welcoming her. I don't want some random woman stealing my parts in the songs. » He said, walking away.

Copia turned to me. « Sorry about him.. » He apologized.

« No, it's okay. Knowing Sodo, it doesn't surprise me that he acts like that. » I said, referring to the way I see him act on stage.

« You don't even know me! » He said from across the room.

I rolled my eyes, starting to get a bit annoyed of his behavior already. Guess I would have to get used to it. The ghouls started to ask questions about me while Sodo was in a corner, looking at all of his friends talking to me.

「The next day」

Apparently, they were staying at a house here for a little while before going back to Sweden. They had two houses, they said? That must've been cool! I had talked to Kelly and told her that I went back home with a taxi so she wouldn't worry about me being gone. I didn't tell her about the band just yet...

...