𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑿 - 𝑯𝒂𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕...

「𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒂'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗」

By 8 AM, I got woken up by my phone, ringing. It was Kelly, calling me.

« Hi? » I answered in a tired voice.

« Hey, Olii!! You sound tired, I woke you up, didn't I? » She asked.

« Yeah. » I answered as I sat in my bed and took time to get fully awake before getting out of bed.

« Sorry about that, but I was thinking that maybe today we could go to the lake I love so much. We can go by 1 PM if you want, but I'm telling you, we're going to spend the day there. I love looking at the sunset at the lake. » Kelly said.

« That's a good idea! » I exclaimed. « By the way, Sodo is coming with us today, you don't mind, right? » I asked.

« Nah, totally fine with me. » She answered, sounding like she was teasing me in some way...?

« Alright, I'm gonna get ready for the day, I'm still in my pajamas, I'll call you later! Bye! » I said, smiling.

« Bye! » She said back before I hung up.

I started to prepare myself for the day. I was so impatient, I wanted it to be 1 PM already. I sat in the living room and started to talk with Rain.

« Hi, Rain! » I said, smiling as I sat next to him.

« Hey, Neptune! » He answered as a smile formed under his mask.

« What are you doing? » I asked.

« I'm just drawing. » He answered as he showed me what he was drawing.

« Oh, you're very talented! » I said, impressed and my eyes glued to the drawing.

« Thank you. » He said, smiling sheepishly.

We continued talking a bit, and I didn't even notice it was already time for lunch. I wasn't so hungry, so I just made myself half a sandwich and ate it before going to prepare myself to leave with Sodo and Kelly. As soon as I was ready, I headed to Sodo's room and knocked on the door.

« Sodo? » I said as I knocked a second time.

A few seconds passed, and Sodo finally opened the door.

« Yeah? » He asked, sounding a little pissed and giving me an awkward smile as he opened the door.

« We're gonna leave soon. You said you wanted to hang out with me and Kelly. » I reminded him.

« Oh, right. Give me a second. » He said, closing the door.

A few minutes later, he finally came out of his room. I called Kelly and told her that we were on our way. She told me to join her at the lake, it took at least 15 minutes to walk there. It was okay with me as long as Sodo didn't complain. We started walking towards the lake to join Kelly without saying a word. We soon got to the lake after some time of walking.

« Hey, guys! » Kelly said with a big smile as she saw us.

« Kelly! » I said, smiling back at her as I ran towards Kelly, bringing Sodo along with me.

« It's been only a day, but I missed you! » Kelly said, chuckling as she hugged me.

She let go of me and said hi to Sodo, who surprisingly said hello back but in a very quiet voice. We started walking around the lake, which was surrounded by a forest. I sometimes felt like Sodo was being left out, so I tried my best to include him in the conversations Kelly and I had, and it worked most of the time.

I felt like time was going too fast. It was already 6:30 PM. Kelly, Sodo, and I were sitting on the edge of a small cliff by the lake, watching the sunset.

« Kelly, how come you never told me about this place? It's really pretty! » I asked, looking over the Kelly.

She looked back at me. « I don't know, I should've told you. It is really pretty tho, what do you think, Sodo? » Kelly asked.

« Yeah, it's pretty. » He said, not sounding sure of himself.

« Was that even honest..? » I asked, now looking at him.

« Yeah, yeah, it was! » He said, looking at me.

I could see his greyish-blue eyes as he looked at me. I never really paid attention to his eyes. They were pretty.

We stayed together until 9 PM. Kelly said that she was gonna head home, but I wanted to stay a bit more at the lake, and so did Sodo. Kelly and I decided when and where we were going to meet up tomorrow a few minutes before she left. As soon as Kelly left, Sodo and I started to walk around the lake. It was quite dark, and we only had the moonlight as a source of light, nothing else. We decided to take a break from walking. Sodo eventually climbed up the same little cliff as earlier, wanting to look at the view again.

...