81

Hoseok was monitoring jimin's performance. As a dance major Jimin was going to perform a dance with his batchmates at their college event. Although there was a segment where he had a duet with one of his batchmates taemin.
The choreo was a bit intimate. Not that they had a problem doing it because it looked sexy as hell. But they both always ended up laughing and giggling when they had to make eye contacts.
Jimin wasn't usually shy but taemin kinda stared into his eyes deeply sometimes, it felt intimidating and he always got shy.

He had fun with the choreography, it made his mind and body calm and relax a bit because dance was his passion. He loved it.

- wait, you can hold my hands and I'll turn you around pulling you closer. What do you think? Taemin suggests waiting for both hoseok and Jimin to say something.
- yea, we could try that. Hoseok says after making an eye contact with Jimin.
Jimin nods along.
- let's go then. Let's do this. Taemin cheers up.

They practice for hours and Jimin almost forgets that he ever was sad. This was his happy pill. Dance!

- do you wanna grab some dinner before we go home? Taemin asks.
- I'm off home guys, sorry I got a date tonight. Hoseok replies.
- ohh yeahh, I remember. Have fun hyung. Jimin teases.
- I will. He laughs as he leaves them alone.
- so what about you Jimin? Taemin asks again.
- uh..yeah yeah sure. Jimin replies.

He was so tired of being home. It felt gloomy. He didn't want to stay there anymore. The memories he had with yoongi, they haunted him. He missed him even more. It had been weeks since he was gone and Jimin was tired...tired of waiting.

- I think we're pretty good with the chemistry, yeah? Taemin chuckles.
- well I don't know about that. I cannot even make a good eye contact with you, you make me laugh so much. Jimin says.
- yeah it's pretty fun teasing you. Taemin says.
Jimin stops smiling. It reminded him of Yoongi. He used to say the same thing.
He smiled awkwardly.
- do you think they'll let us do something so crazy at our college? Jimin laughed.
- don't you think they should? I mean come on, generations have changed now right? He shrugged.
- yeah right. Jimin agreed. I hope we're the best. He says.
- I'm lucky to be your partner because you're definitely the best. He said.
- you sure know how to please. Jimin laughed.
- it's actually pretty natural when it comes to you. I mean look at you. He said.
- wow... aren't you flattering me too much these days sir. Jimin asked almost kiddingly.
- does it work? He asked with a smug face.
Jimin looked at the boy and frowned, letting out a laugh.
- no it does not. Jimin said.
- shit, I will try harder then. Taemin said making a disappointed face jokingly.
- what are you even talking. Jimin laughs.

• • •

Jimin was back home after his dinner. He wasn't particularly that sad today. So he skipped his long therapeutic bath and just quickly freshened up.
He checked his phone as a habit and saw no messages, he sighed and shut his phone. But immediately turned it on to check again. He looked at the date.
He pressed his lips into a thin line, closing his eyes.

It would have been their one year anniversary.
He somehow didn't want tomorrow to come. He just...it was hard. He didn't even realise that he fell asleep. He was tired and his body needed rest.

• • •

- Jimin-ah, come here, come fast. Taehyung called his bestfriend who was just entering the cafeteria.
- what happened? Jimin asked smiling.
- Yoongi hyung is going to release a new song. That too his own new song of his own album. It's going to release in an hour. The first single. We should listen to it together. What do you think? Taehyung was so excited.
- w..what? Are you serious? Jimin asked surprised. The corner of his lips turning up, he made a proud face. He was so happy about it because he knew how yoongi was working hard for it. Yoongi was excited to release his first ever album and it was finally D-Day.
He couldn't be more happier thinking about the fact that it was this day he chose to release the song.
- l..let's listen to it together. Jimin said excited as well.

They patiently wait for the new music to drop, the first single of album - 'SDL'
- what do you think would SDL mean? Taehyung asked, thinking himself.
- I don't know tae, we need to wait so that we find out. Jimin said a bit annoyed because how was he gonna know and the excitement of the song release was eating him up. He couldn't wait.

- 1 minute to go. Okay let's gooo. Taehyung says excited as they both wait for the song.
And it drops. They both listen to it.
- oh my god, do you hear his vocals? He's singing. That's my hyunggg. Omgg.

"Yeah, somebody does love
But I'm thinking 'bout you
Somebody does love oh, oh, oh
Somebody does love
But I'm thinking 'bout you, you, oh
I'm thinking 'bout you"

Jimin's eyes pool with tears, he was so proud. Yoongi's voice was perfect, he was such a good singer. Jimin silently was listening to it as if Yoongi was singing it to him.

"Who do you love?
Who else do you think?
Who else do you remember?
Who else do you hate?
Who do you live for?
Who else are you smiling for?
Who do you cry for?
Is this not love?
Thanks to the grandeur of the word love
We forget easily and move on, calling that love
Is it them that you miss?
Or the times that are on the other side of those rose-tinted memories?"

Jimin was carefully listening, he was proud but the lyrics suddenly hit him hard. She swallowed hard on his saliva as he realised that the lyrics was about him, about them.

"Somebody does love
But, I’m thinking ‘bout you
Somebody does love
Somebody does love
But, I’m thinking ‘bout you, you oh
I’m thinking ‘bout you"

The second verse hit him so hard. He couldn't hold back his tears.

"Really, nothing ever turns out the way you want it to
As expected, human relationships are really hard
It wasn’t right from the very beginning
The gap between us
Even just attempting to close it felt forced
Memories are bound to end up rose-tinted
It’s as though they’re already fading
The us who sang of forever is gone, just like a dream
This thing that I miss, is it you?
Or is it that time that leaves me with regrets and lingering feelings?"

"Somebody does love
But, I’m thinking ‘bout you
Somebody does love
Somebody does love
But, I’m thinking ‘bout you, you oh
I’m thinking ‘bout you"

As taehyung was listening, he realised and immediately looked at Jimin who was a sitting there with tears leaving his eyes. He took of his earbuds and ran towards the restroom.

He shut himself in one of the cubicles and started sobbing. Taehyung ran after Jimin.
- hey hey, Jimin. Please don't cry, Jimin-ah. He said banging in the locked door.
- Taehyung I n..need to be a..alone please... He said as his voice broke.
- okay fine but I'm here okay? Right here. Just know. Taehyung said before leaving.

Jimin was a crying mess. He put on his earbuds back and played it again...and cried. He could feel Yoongi. What he must be going through. It was hard. For them both.

He decided to hold on to these lines, that comforted him.

"Somebody does love
But, I’m thinking ‘bout you"

A/N

I hope y'all heard SDL while
reading ㅠㅠ
Also yes SDL isn't a main single from yoongi's album irl. It's a B side track, we all know, but it was going really well here so I added it as first single.