Late Nights

Will was awoken by keys turning in the lock. He blinked groggily, shifting himself to sit upwards in the armchair he'd fallen asleep in. The door shut quietly and Nico strode in, carrying a hefty briefcase.

"Hello, my darling," Will murmured, his voice stifled by a large yawn. Nico dropped his briefcase and moved to give Will a gentle kiss.

"What are you doing up?" Nico asked somewhat sternly.

"I missed you," Will replied as he drew Nico down for another kiss. "I wanted to be here when you got home. You're working so late these days."

Nico settled on the armchair's arm, shrugging off his coat and suitably messing up his already windswept hair.

"I know, amore. I'm sorry."

Will pressed a finger to Nico’s lips. "Don't be sorry. Just come to bed, honey."

Nico smiled half out of relief and half out of love. He helped Will up and let himself be dragged down the corridor where Will promptly flopped onto the bed and wrapped himself in sheets.

Nico began taking off his work clothes and Will watched him with a lazily executed smirk.

"You know that's not what I meant when I asked you to come to bed."

"Shut up. Do you want cuddles or not?"

Will chuckled, lifting up the sheets so Nico could climb in now in his pyjamas.

Immediately they sank into each others' arms. After years of being together, there was no awkward finding where whose arms fit or where to put their heads or their legs. It was so natural to just melt into each other, heads resting with their noses lightly brushing and their eyes bright and focused on each other.

"Good night, my love." Will's eyes started to droop.

"Good night."