Stop

I'm not sure when it started.

It's the text I think. It's when he texts me that he's coming home and he doesn't put the heart after the goodbye and I think to myself that he's tired and I need to give him a break but my heart is breaking just a little bit.

Then it's an evening when I turn over to cuddle him like usual and he shoves me off and mumbles something about being too warm and that would be fine but it never mattered for him. We'd cuddle with the covers off and sticky and sweaty but just giggle and shower together in the morning.

There’s an evening when our favourite show is on and we usually cuddle and make out a little but this time he says he's going out with some friends from work. I'm too scared of coming off as overbearing, which I know I can be, so I tell him I hope he has a good time and he leaves.

He starts spending all our time together on his phone. It's work stuff he says and that’s why he's been spending so much time at the office recently. He goes in early and works late and I wake up early and stay up late. I miss him.

There aren't any cheek or forehead kisses anymore. There's only ones on the lips and they're becoming shorter and shorter as if he views them as mandatory.

I can't remember the last time he said that he loves me properly. He'll say a quick 'love you' if I say it first but he never initiates and never says the 'I'. I remember when he used to tell me a hundred times a day just so I would never forget. I'm not so sure he loves me anymore.

Goodbye kisses are a thing of the past. I cling to the cinnamon taste of his lips and the way he smiled when I kissed him and caught him off guard. He hasn't kissed me in at least a week. He turns away when I try to kiss him and he laughs it off without looking at me.

When I confront him, he laughs nervously and avoids my eyes. He blurts out a well-practiced spiel that doesn't actually answer any of my questions so I ask him directly if he loves me and he just says my name in such a devastating voice that that's the moment I break.

I tell him not to stay because he feels like he has to. I tell him to get out and go to his sister's because I can't be with someone who doesn't love me. It isn't fair. He understands. He looks so broken and that’s infuriating because it shouldn't be him who gets to feel like that.

He leaves and locks the door behind him and I fall to the ground sobbing.

I'm sobbing because it's all wrong. I'm sobbing because he doesn't love me but he did once and I don't know where I went wrong. I don't know what I did to make him stop.

And that made it all stop.

-

A/N

Hey, loves! This is my last prewritten oneshot so I will continue updating but it'll be more as and when. Ideas will be gratefully received!

Thank you so much for all the reads, comments and votes. They mean everything to me.

Ash x