I Really Want To Kiss You

The world of demigods was chaotic. There was no time to rest, no time to not be worrying but there was the campfire which offered just a little bit of relaxation.

The shadows from the flickering of the flames cast over Will’s face, his head resting on a hand and his eyes darting to Nico every now and then. They sat with their bodies an inch apart and their feet with barely a centimetre between them. Will ran a hand through his hair and sighed deeply, glancing back at Nico again who was watching the people singing.

Will moved his foot and their toes touched. Nico looked to him with confusion written on his face but Will stared dead ahead so he shrugged it off.

"Hey, Nico?" Will said so softly Nico nearly didn't catch it.

"Yeah, Will?"

Will met Nico’s eyes, a lopsided smile on his face and foot nudging Nico’s affectionately.

"I really like being around you."

Nico blushed, although relatively unnoticeable in the dark, and frowned a little. He wasn't sure where this was going.

"I like being around you too," he answered truthfully. Will smiled brighter and ducked his head with a light chuckle, raising it and taking a deep breath a few moments after.

"I really want to kiss you."

The singing faded into the background. All there was was ocean blue and chocolate brown eyes staring openly and honestly at each other.

"Oh," was all Nico’s shell-shocked brain managed to say. Will nodded.

"Yeah but I don't want to loose you."

"You won't."

Will grinned, shuffling a little closer so their sides pressed together and tentatively taking Nico’s hand in his.

"This okay?"

"More than okay," Nico admitted, resting his head on Will’s shoulder.

And for once there was peace.

-

A/N

Hey, loves! This was really short but I just felt like it. Hope you enjoyed.

Ash x