Drunk Will

"Nico! Neeks! I have to tell you something!" Will slurred, draping his arm around Nico's shoulders and burying his face in Nico's soft hair. Nico gently guided his boyfriend to Hazel's guest room. Everybody else from the annual Christmas party had already gone home or to a hotel Will and Nico were staying with Frank and Hazel, who had gone to bed. The only problem was that, whilst Nico was a little tipsy, Will was full on drunk and far more so than Nico had ever seen him before.

As Nico shut the door behind him, he found himself tackled onto the bed. Will rested above him with a solemn expression, forearms either side of Nico's head, leaving him trapped. Their noses were almost touching and the waft of alcoholic breath in his face reminded Nico not to give in to his own intoxicated brain and close the gap between their lips. He wasn't quite drunk enough for drunk sex and didn't think it would be fair to Will or that he would manage given the trouble he was having walking earlier. It was that and the fact that he was in his sister's house and, although she and Frank were also too drunk to do anything other than pass out on the bed, he didn't enjoy the idea of hooking up with them down the corridor.

"What is it, babe?" Nico asked, allowing himself to at least slide his hands up Will's back under his shirt. They rested in between Will's shoulder blades comfortably as Nico pecked Will's nose slightly higher than he'd intended but sweetly nonetheless. Will's lopsided grin made Nico's heart melt.

"I love you," Will stage-whispered dramatically, leaning down so that his lips brushed the shell of Nico's ear. Nico shivered but moved enough to nudge Will off him and onto the mattress beside him.

"I love you too," he replied, closing his eyes at the feeling of Will's arms wrapping protectively around him. Nico buried his head in Will's chest, clutching the fabric and inhaling the smell of Will mingled with wine and mince pies.

Will's breathing was growing heavier and his speech more slurred and weary. "I don't tell you enough."

"You tell me every day," Nico said. "I always know I'm loved."

"Good," Will responded firmly. "It's very very important. Very important. I love you very much. Very, very, very. I'm always gonna save you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. So many people... so many people I didn't save. Save you, though. Lost so many. I won't lose you."

Nico tilted his head up and comfortingly kissed Will's collarbone. "You'll never lose me, amore."

"Don't leave me," Will murmured. "Please, Nico. Please."

Nico frowned , holding Will closer. "What makes you think I would ever go?"

"You... You're... You're Nico Di Angelo," Will stumbled for words. "And I'm Will Solace. We're so different. 'M scared you'll think that we won't work. I love you. Love you so much. Don't deserve you."

"You deserve the world, Will," Nico replied. "I'm not leaving. Never."

-

A/N

A bit shorter today. 600+ reads! Thank you so much, loves.

Insomniac x