102.

_______________________________________

Chapter 102

While Tiger and the village chief were having a conversation, a car suddenly stopped outside their gate. The village chief poked his head out and saw it was a police car in town. The door opened, and two middle-aged men in coats and big bellies came out of the vehicle. 

The two walked inside with cigarettes in their hands. 

Hearing the noise, Jiang Tang immediately leaned on the window and looked outside quietly. 

“What brought Officer Wang here?” The village chief smiled and bowed to them. 

“Let’s go inside and talk.”

“Please go in.” The village chief gave way for the two. After giving Tiger a look, Tiger immediately understood, moving the stool over and serving them tea. 

“Well, you don’t have to be too polite with me.” Officer Wang waved his hand impatiently, “We received a tip-off that someone in your village is involved in human trafficking and illegal imprisonment, do you know anything about this?”

The village chief’s eyes flashed with a flattering smile: “There…there are about a hundred people in this village; they are all honest farmers. We really don’t know what you are talking about.”

“You really don’t know?”

“If you don’t believe me, I’ll have Tiger bring you two to each house for a look and interrogate them. Except for a crazy naked woman who has been yelling around every day, there is nothing more.”

He said it sincerely, the two policemen looked at each other, and one of them waved his hand as if they had made up their minds: “Well, it’s getting late, we need to rush down the mountain. You guys take care.”

“Yeah.” The village chief hooked the tobacco pipe to his waist, went back to the house, and brought out two jars of liquor: “These are home-brewed. It’s hard for the two of you to come all the way here. Please take them back to have a taste.”

They did not refuse the offer and returned to the car with the liquor. 

Watching the car drive away, the cameraman with the camera in his hands couldn’t help complaining: “What is this? They left without even checking?”

“It’s normal for a small place.”

Jiang Tang was not surprised at all by this outcome. 

There is a saying that if the mountain is high and the emperor is far away, it’s difficult to get justice. The smaller the place, the less they put the legal principle in their eyes because they knew that the higher up would not care. So even if they knew about human trafficking, those policemen will open one eye and close one eye. On the one hand, it is not easy to manage, and on the other, they dare not offend the villagers.

The atmosphere suddenly fell into silence. In the midst of quietness, a pair of hands suddenly banged on the glass window in front of them, and a face emerged. Qian Qian and Liangshen screamed in fear and hugged each other. 

Tiger laughed and shouted to Jiang Tang through the window: “Young sister, I made some soup with pears. Come out and let the children drink some.”

Jiang Tang’s expression remained unchanged: “No, they will wet the bed if they drink too much at night.”

Tiger did not give up and continued to persuade her: “Drink less shouldn’t be a problem.”

“We’re good.”