40

Chapter 40

The first night with the three children was destined to be not peaceful.

Jiang Tang was worried that Chu Yi’s secondary personality would hurt Liangshen and also afraid that Qian Qian would not adapt to this new place.

After waiting all the children went to bed, Jiang Tang went to check the two sons’ room first.

After all, the two people hadn’t been together like this for a long time. When Jiang Tang walked in, she saw two little boys were playing on Chu Yi’s bed, and Chu Yi was smiling. She had never seen him this happy before.

Seeing Jiang Tang coming in, the two brothers who were tired from playing too much hurriedly stopped.

“You guys have school tomorrow, it’s time to go to bed.”

Liangshen pouted unhappily, climbing on his bunk bed.

Chu Yi pulled up his blanket and looked at her with bright black eyes.

Jiang Tang bent over to tuck the blanket for him, stretched out her hands to gently pinch his smooth little face.

“Do you want mama to read a bedtime story?”

Before Liangshen and Liangqian came over, Jiang Tang would read a short story for Chu Yi every night. In the beginning, he was not used to it, but later he would listen to it with great interest.

Jiang Tang glanced over at the top and sat on the side of the bed: “Today mama will tell you a story about “Prince Black Charcoal””

Liangshen who was on the upper bunk said disdainfully: “Naive.”

Only the baby would listen to the fairy tale story.

Even though he thought like that in his heart, his body still leaned forward obediently.

Jiang Tang cleared her throat: “Once upon a time, there was a faraway country. The rulers of that country were very affectionate. The following year, they gave birth to a baby….

Then, Jiang Tang glanced up again at Liangshen leaned on his side, and pricked his ears to listen carefully.

“The baby looks very beautiful. His hair and eyes are as dark as charcoal, so the king called him the Prince Black Charcoal. Prince Black Charcoal grew up happily. However, when he was five, an unforeseen disaster came and the queen passed away……”

Chu Yi frowned and felt the story was a bit familiar.

Liangshen has long forgotten what he said before. Unable to hold back his curiosity, he propped his cheeks and asked in worry: “What happened to the Prince Black Charcoal?”

Jiang Tang tried to suppress her smile: “The Prince Black Charcoal has a new mother. She was the second queen of the kingdom. The queen was gentle and virtuous on the surface but always treated him harshly behind the scene. She had Prince Black Charcoal do all kinds of hard work and not give him any warm clothes to wear or food to eat….”

“No way.” Liangshen suddenly interrupted Jiang Tang: “The king loves Prince Black Charcoal so much, there is no way that he didn’t know about the abuse?”

“…….”

“I know, the new queen must have given birth to another prince. The same as after you giving birth to Qian Qian, papa doesn’t care much about me anymore…..”

Liangshe’s expression became sad as he spoke. 

He felt like he was the same as Prince Black Charcoal. Perhaps his biological mother had already gone to heaven, but in order not to make him sad, his father said that the devil’s mother is his biological mother.