83

Chapter 83

Since the old lady did not mind, Jiang Tang could not let Liangshen continue standing outside.

She went out and saw Liangshen leaning against the tree motionless. She wondered if he was crying secretly. Jiang Tang tugged the falling hair behind her ear and stepped forward lightly. And then saw the scene that made her more furious. 

This mischievous brat fell asleep while standing!!

She gritted her teeth and pulled him up mercilessly: “Your gut is quite big, huh?”

Liangshen whimpered from the soreness.

Jiang Tang did not bother with his resistance and continued saying: “Do you sleep comfortably?”

Liangshen smacked his lips as if recollected by the aftertaste, then slowly nodded: “It’s just that there are a lot of mosquitoes….”

Jiang Tang took a deep breath, feeling speechless. 

She took Liangshen to the door, bending over and whispering to him: “Now you go to fetch water to wash Grandma Su’s feet, and apologize to her.”

“Huh?” Once he heard wash her feet, Liangshen quickly disputed, “I don’t want to, so disgusting.”

“Don’t talk like this.” Jiang Tang slapped him, “You are wrong, so you must apologize!”

Liang Shen covered his forehead, lowered his head, and dared not to talk back.

When they got into the house, under Jiang Tang’s threatening eyes, Liangshen rolled his sleeves and slowly went to fetch water. After that, he stood in front of Grandma Su and said reluctantly: “Grandma, let me help you wash your feet.”

Grandma Su did not speak. Liangshen raised his head and looked at Jiang Tang in bewilderment. After receiving an encouraging look, he squatted down in front of the old lady and took the initiative to help her take off shoes and socks.

Although he said it was disgusting, he did it earnestly. 

“Grandma, is the water too hot?” He looked at Grandma Su and asked in a low voice.

Grandma Su said: “It’s not too hot.”

“Oh.”

Liangshen washed the old lady’s feet silently. The old skin warped her bonny feet. Liangshen felt his hands sore, blinked, and saw some scars on her ankles and insteps. These slight pink scars were winding like centipedes. Liangshen gathered his courage and poked it. It was slippery, nothing special.

He was no longer afraid and was curious how she got the scars.

Liangshen was frank and liked to speak his mind. He looked at Grandma Su and asked softly: “Grandma, how did you get these wounds?”

Jiang Tang’s expression changed drastically and hurriedly scolded him: “Liangshen, don’t ask about other people’s privacy casually.”

He argued back: “The wound is outside. It’s not private.”

Jiang Tang lost for words. 

Grandma’s expression was indifferent and replied: “It from the fire burned.”

Seeing that she only gave Liangshen a short answer and had no intention to say anything further, Jiang Tang did not let him continue to ask.

After getting familiar with her, the three children were not so scared of the old lady anymore. They talked and laughed around her as they listened to the stories. Although the old lady Su seemed strict and mean, Jiang Tang could tell she liked children very much; otherwise, she would not patiently let them annoy her endlessly like this.