29: The Death Of Peace Of Mind

Start from the beginning

Damien only chuckled, "I may be devilishly handsome and frightfully powerful, but I don't tell lies, Daniel."

Danny thought for a moment, "Last time you were here, you mentioned a sister, who? WHO IS IT?" Danny yelled and struggled against his restraints, ignoring the pain surging through his body.

Damien sent his fist into Danny's face, sending him back with a low groan. "Well, now look who's interested now? You know, for priding yourself on how intelligent you are, you're surprisingly unobservant." Damien leaned down to look at Danny with a look of amusement. A smile spread across Damien's lips as he watched a horrible look of realization spread across Danny's face.

"Nerissa..." Danny whispered, barely audible.

"There it is!" Damien said loudly as he stood up straight in a flourish. "That's right, I am gunna make you watch as I rip them all apart, ending...with your little sister."

Danny looked off into space in shock. His whole world was turning upside down as he realized his entire life was a lie. This entire time he had a sister? This entire time he had a little sister? And she was there the whole time. She healed him after they escaped the compound. Now, after just finding out the truth, he could lose it all. He was quickly snapped back into focus when Damien stabbed him again with the knife in his shoulder. Danny screamed again in agony while Damien laughed again. The door to the room opened and another faceless voice called out again.

"Sir, scouts have confirmed that they've mobilized." The voice called out and Damien smiled at Danny.

"Well, would you look at that. They're on their way." Damien growled in Danny's face and he gripped the knife, holding Danny against the back rest of the chair. Danny started to feel more fear than he felt the entire time he was trapped in this hell. It was mixed along with hope that he might finally be able to escape.

~~~~~~~~~~

The van eased to a stop in a hidden spot in the treeline surrounding the estate. It was dark outside, which made the group nervous. Nate turned the van off and turned around to face the group. "Well, here we are. Time to party." Nate said as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

"No guards? That seems kind of suspicious." Nyx said quietly as her eyes scanned the front of the estate.

"It's expected, they took Danny because they want to kill me. So why would they make it impossible for us to get inside?" Soul responded, her eyes not leaving the front gate. "Let's go." Soul said before the group exited the van. They silently and quickly moved through the edge of the woods until the group reached the back of the high iron fence. The group all heard Nate's voice in their heads.

I'm gunna stay right here and keep a mental connection with all of you. Get in there and get Danny.

The group nodded at him before Soul lifted the group up, minus Nate, and over the wall with a platform of shadow as Jack launched himself into the air to give them an aerial view. She brought the shadow all the way to the ground to make as little noise as possible.

"Soul...what if we're seen? They aren't going to pull their punches...or stabs." Nyx asked her under her breath.

"You have full permission to go lethal, I certainly will." Soul responded darkly. Nerissa fidgeted nervously, she had a strict no kill policy that she adhered to. She told herself that she would just go for knocking them out, if they were spotted.