"My job called," I say softly.

"And?"

"They want me to come back to work!" I hiss.

"Oh," She drags the word out.

"What do I do?" I ask.

"Why are you asking me?"

"Kenzie I can't ruin this, not when I just fixed it. If Skylar finds out she'll—"

"Jade, calm down. You two have been working on this right? Just talk to her."

"I'm scared, going to Canada is what fucked it up for me the first time. I wasn't there for her, I wasn't present in her life. I was a big stupid idiot swept up in the fame. If I go back, she'll just feel betrayed again."

"Then don't go back," she shrugs.

"Kenzie!"

"Look, I can't tell you what you can and can't do. You have to make this call Jade. Not Skylar, Not me, you."

I sigh and turn to look out the window.

"Seems to me you already know what you want, you're just scared to take it." She walks off with Sprinkle.

I feel my guts twist together.

I walk back to my room and find Skylar still sound asleep. I sigh and sit next to her, running my fingers softly through her hair.

What am I going to do with you?

She hums in delight and snuggles up closer to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. I smile and scratch her scalp for her. She loves it when I do that.

"Jade," She says half asleep.

"What?"

"Can we just spend the day in today, I'm sleepy." She mumbles.

"I can see that," I ruffle her hair.

"Please," she pouts.

"You promised you'd take me to do the clear bottom boat tour."

She whines and snuggles deeper into the bed.

"Skylar," I sing her name.

"I'm tired," she pouts.

"You're fault for staying up watching movies."

She pouts some more and I giggle.

"Who was calling this morning?" She forces herself to sit up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

I feel my heart skip a beat in fear.

"It was nothing, come on, we need to go eat breakfast." I kiss her cheek.

"Fine," she grumbles a complaint.

Part of me is screaming just tell her you stupid idiot, she'll understand.

The other part is covering that part's mouth, whispering keep your mouth shut. You'll only hurt her again.

We get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast, I see paparazzi here now. Taking our picture. I roll my eyes. Skylar and I get breakfast and meet with everyone else.

"Looks like it wants to rain today," Skylar's mom says.

"Ah Ha! A sign," Skylar declares.

"Will you stop," I playfully push her.

"A sign?" Darleen asks.

"Skylar wants to stay in today, she's tired." I pout.

"I could stay in too actually," Kenzie yawns.