"It's a recorder," I squatted down and picked the tiny thing up. I looked back at her as I stood up straight. ".. here- it had to have been placed while were out.." I said as I handed her the voice recorder. I'm sure it had a loop setting we just hadn't reached the end of the first one yet.

"I can't believe.. a shitty recorder made me act like that." She mumbled angrily.

I knew it was more than just the recorder that had her pissed- it was the fact she chased after the person who said that name only to find a recorder. Speaking of that name; Stefano Basilio- for the month and a half I've known Miss Roselyn I'd never heard that name before.

"Alright, Roselyn," I sighed. ".. c'mon-"

Bang.

The sound was sharp as it rushed past my ear- it echoed through the alleyway; flowing onto the main street.
I didn't even think and pulled out my glock from blazer- the rush of footstros from bystanders running past and away from the alley filled my ears as I flicked the safety off.

"Get down, Roselyn!" I shouted- my eyes were darting from her to the direction the shot came from.
The glimpse of her face I saw was in pure shock but she didn't hesistate to duck behind the side of the boxes and the dumpster.

Good- that was good.

I faced the other way towards the direction the bullet came from and in the distance I could see a hooded figure in all black- I pulled the trigger.

They stood in at the end of the alleyway- quickly hiding behind the corner.
I shot up into the air with hooded eyes- I more than pissed; my mind was clouded with anger.

"Drop the gun and get the fuck out, motherfucker!" I called out- I looked around the alley.
Another shot came and I furrowed my brows- it was from the right side compared to the left.

Another figure- they were in all black but obviously smaller than the one on the left.

I pulled the trigger again and moved closer towards the direction of the person on the right end.
Then I stood still- the one on the left hadn't come back out.
I shot at the one on the right once again and for a second I looked back- it was chaos on the sidewalk; I wouldn't notice the other shooter if they did loop around the back.
But Miss Roselyn was out of the range though due to where she hide.

She was fine- she would be fine.

Bang.

And again.

Bang.

The shots were constant, back to back, and I could tell emotion was overriding the shooters logic since the shots seemed to be off- hitting the brick walls and the cement floor.

I immeadiately pulled the trigger again- causing the second shooter to hide like first.

"Are you working with 'R'?!
.. Are you two 'R'," I aimed my glock towards the left side- pursing my lips together. ".. that's a stupid question- 'course you are."

Of course I wasn't give a response.

The first shooter quickly peaked around the corner and fired at me.
I ducked behind a stack of old boxes before my eyes fell on Roselyn.

Her chest was heaving as she hid- when we made eye contact I felt terrible.

"You're okay," I mouthed before I then muttered. ".. stay there and call the police for me, Roselyn- I bet other people already have too."

She gave me a slow nod before she scrambled through her purse for her phone.

I looked around the boxes and fired at the left shooter just to keep them back but I heard a staggered grunt- I then stood up straight.