Part 56

Lisa's Pov

I walk into the hotel room and close the door, I open the top two buttons of my shirt. I walk into the bathroom and look in the mirror. My tear stained face staring back at me before I try to wash away the pain from tonight. 

I never thought in a million years I would be standing in a hotel bathroom dressed up for a date that never happened, and all because of a horrible video. I can still see it replaying in my mind, the sight of  them kissing behind the tree. Even after she kissed me  before I left I could still see it after I opened my eyes. I  thought I could ignore it, I thought that maybe if we didn't talk about it that it wasn't real. Maybe she would get what she needed from Kai and then come back to me. But it has been well over a month and now they  are showing public affection like it was nothing. 

My beautiful, sweet, caring, wonderful girlfriend was kissing someone that wasn't me. The women that I have a child with, the women that I love more than myself. My nini was kissing someone else.

Even after that night of her and Kai getting caught walking, I still left the next morning to the jewelry store. I went there to pick  up a ring for Jennie after our conversation about marriage, I wanted to  get something  to promise her that one day I would marry her, I would get down on one knee and ask her to spend the rest of her life with me. I picked out a simple gold band, it was enough to say she was taken by someone. Taken by me. 

I bought one for myself as well so others knew  I was taken, I wanted others to see the ring and know that the love of my life was holding my heart with everything she had. It was simple enough to wear everyday as it looked like a normal accessory, it wasn't flashy and it wasn't a giant diamond ring that would make questions appear everywhere we went. It was for us to know the true meaning behind the rings and for us to have something special. 

But I gave it to her in a way I didn't want, I gave her the ring in a moment of pain and sadness. In a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. When in reality it should be a memory I want to remember, I want to remember taking her out to dinner to the restaurant I rented out, to have a lovely meal before we went for a drive to the beach. Where I would hold her like the night I did before the shooting, and then give her the ring as I promise to marry her, promise to raise our son the best I can and promise to give her the life she deserves. 

But now I just remember giving  her the ring before leaving. 

I stand there again staring  at myself before I see my phone going  off with a unknown number displayed on the screen. I answer the call and put  the caller  on speaker as I place my hands on the counter so I could lean slightly on it. 

"Yeah," I said coldly. 

"Lisa?"

"Who is this?" I question the man. 

"It's Kai..." 

My head shoots to look at my phone, I pick it up and take it off speaker before I place it against my ear.  

"Listen Lisa, we can't explain right now but please just give Jennie time and don't believe the media," he said quickly. 

I chuckle at his words while spinning around to lean my back against the hard surface. 

"The media is the only one giving me answers right now. I tried to turn a blind eye but it's hard to ignore my girlfriend sucking face with someone else," I said as I clench my fist. 

"Lisa please, it's not what you think," he pleaded. 

"Then tell me, what is it Kai? Because it looks like my girlfriend and you are dating behind my back, and when I asked her why she was quiet."