Part 36

Jennie's Pov

"As of this morning Blackpink's Lalisa Manoban is still in the hospital. Due to our sources she is on life support after the attack at their Seoul concert, with a leak of information from an unidentified source we now know she is under a DNR. There will be a billboard in her honor showed today outside the hospital if you would like to show your respect. Let's hope our dancer makes it through this." 

I watch the news anchors talk about Lisa for the next couple minutes until they move onto the next set. It has been three weeks since Hye-seong was born. He has been crying non-stop the whole time. I thought it was because we were in the hospital but once we got home after a few days he was still crying. The doctor thought maybe it was his stomach but nope, he's a healthy baby. In a couple minutes Alison will bring him to me from the house, I decided to leave without him this morning to come see Lisa. 

He met Lisa one other time before he went home and that was the last time he was quiet for more than five minutes so I'm stressing with him coming here. I don't want him to bother anybody in the hospital with his screams and cries and that was the reason he hasn't come with me to see Lisa. But Alison said he is screaming bloody murder the second I left and knowing that is hurting my heart. Ever though I don't want to leave Lisa alone I can't leave my newborn to scream his little head off all morning, let's hope he calms down once he's with me. 

For Lisa she has been moved from ICU which is good in my opinion because my dad said she was somewhat stable but she hasn't woken up, the machines are still helping her breathe and she still shows no signs of waking up but I have hope she will wake up. She has to wake up. 

I look at Lisa with my hand gripping onto her's, I miss feeling her hold my hand or the way she used to run her fingers along the top of my knuckles when I was nervous. I miss her laugh, her smile, I miss her being loud and I miss her holding me. 

I didn't know how attached I grew to her until I couldn't sleep at night, food seems to be bland and music is quiet to me now. The only real happiness I have now is Hye-seong. When he is around I don't focus so much on what's happening with Lisa, allowing me to live rather than exist. I would rather exist today with the show we have to do. Mr. Yang is forcing us to have the concert that we missed the day of the shooting. He wants to make sure that our fans get a show and with Lisa not waking up he doesn't think we need to wait so in a few hours we will be back on the stage. 

To say I'm scared is a understatement.

The last time I was on the stage my best friend got shot, almost ending her life and a crazy man almost killed my baby. The fans have mixed feelings about it as well. Some are glad they are getting their money's worth while some are worried about our well being. They don't want us to rush into something we can't do, especially when we are missing a key person in our shows. 

"Jennie.." I turn my head to the door seeing Alison walking in. 

She has Hye-seong in her arms with the diaper bag around her shoulder. 

"He just stopped crying when we got down the hall," she whispers. 

I wait for her to walk over to me before handing him over to me. He wakes up crying again.  

"Shhhh baby, it's okay," I try to sooth him. 

I lightly bounce him in my hands in hopes of calming him but it's not working. I stand up slowly so I can bounce him easier, I sway side to side as I lightly rub his small head. He starts to calm down but quickly continue to cries every other bounce. 

"That's odd," Alison pulls my attention. 

"Huh?" I question as I look up at her. 

She walks over to me with her hands out.