Chapter 35: Meeting King Girsal

Start from the beginning

Aurianna studied the halls she and Amber were walking through. They were wide enough for over a hundred people to be gathered there. Several knights in platinum, gold, and silver armor were stationed at every pillar.

Aurianna looked above to see floating chandeliers moving left and right as they illuminated the ceiling revealing an emerald symbol with three swords stabbed into it.

After a short while of walking, Aurianna felt a bit anxious as she looked at the doors to the throne room. Over thirty divine knights were standing before the door and immediately knelt down and bowed as Queen Amber walked towards them. The large doors were opened wide by the knights, enough for both Queen Amber and Aurianna to walk through easily.

The throne room was a great hall with many crystal columns on each side. In between each column stood a statue of Paige.

The paintings of angels around Paige on the crystal ceiling. The angels were brushing Paige's hair as she held a flower in her hands. All displayed in the middle of the ceiling. There were beautiful magical lights that floated around, while the reflection of the room and the people inside could be seen on the marble floor.

The grand throne of marble sat atop a balcony overlooking the throne hall and was adjoined by two plain, but comfortable crystal seats with soft cushions for the King's direct family. It was covered in hundreds of elaborate engravings, and fixed on each of the ornate legs was a ruby snake. The fluffy pillows were a dark lilac and these too had been adorned with golden margins. Carved on the throne's back protruded two crystal wings of an angel on each side.

A wine rug ran from the throne down through the center and split into two paths leading out while banners with burnished borders swung gently from the walls. On the banners was an image of an emerald crystal with three swords stabbing into it.

Aurianna looked forward to seeing Husae and Ralph staying there and before them sitting next to King Girsal were a few concubines and some of the princesses and princes.

Husae appeared as a handsome teenager with ivory skin and a pair of light blue eyes like Queen Amber. He also had long black hair that resembled King Girsal's. He wore a red and gold shirt with black trousers and he stood upright and waved at Aurianna who also waved back.

"What the hell are you doing here brat?" Ralph spat glaring at Aurianna who stood next to him and Queen Amber moved a bit forward.

He wore a plain white and black suit, his dark blue hair tied up neatly. But the glare on his face ruined his handsome appearance.

"I wonder the same for jackasses like you." Aurianna replied, not turning to look at Ralph and ignoring his glare.

"Amber, my Queen." King Girsal stated, getting up from his seat and walking up to Queen Amber.

"Yes, King Girsal." Amber answered flirtatiously.

Once King Girsal got close to her he said in a cold tone, "Sometimes your stupidity annoys me."

"What!?" Amber gasped in shock as the other concubines giggled. Her face was red with anger as she glared at them, but King Girsal's cold eyes made her tremble.

"Most of your children are younger than my other concubines, instead of you training them to be smarter and stronger, you're traumatizing them to be weaker and more stupid," King Girsal's voice boomed as he glared at Queen Amber.

"Your majesty, what do you mean?! I always train my children well. I even got Ralph and Husae the best tutors!" Queen Amber defended proudly.

"I mean Mavis, she's already dead." King Girsal stated and Aurianna looked up at him to see him staring at her.