Thirty-Eight

Mulai dari awal

I stuck out my hand for her to hold; Miss Roselyn held it as she stepped out onto the curb.
I reached over her and shut the door— glancing down at Miss Roselyn as she pecked on her phone. I guess she removed it from the holder once I got out.

I locked the car and stuffed her keys in the pocket of my blazer.
I stood up straight and looked down at Miss Roselyn— seeing her in somewhat casual clothing was always sight for sore eyes.

"Come on, hun." She mumbled— tugging at my sleeve.

I walked next to her— her fingers let go of my sleeve as quickly as she grabbed it. I scoffed, "I'm here don't worry."

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not worried about you."

"Should I be offended?" I chuckled.

"No," Miss Roselyn explained. ".. I just mean you're strong enough to handle yourself— I don't need to worry, Dominic."

Sunlight always did her skin favors— something about her earthy skin in that lighting always did me in.

"Do you worry about yourself?" I asked her.

Miss Roselyn shook her head, "I have you," She looked over at me and gave me that pouty smile. ".. why would I have to worry? You said it yourself."

"Good answer." I said.

"I didn't know I was being quized." She gasped playfully.

"You weren't," I muttered. "I know a good answer when I hear it."

"Oh? Well," Miss Roselyn stood closer to me— she whispered. ".. what would you do if I said the bad answer?"

We were in public— there were people walking past us in both directions. Entertaining this was stupid because I would take it to far— especially when she looked so goddamn pretty.

"What would I do or what would I do to you, Roselyn?"

Well I did skip school a lot.

"I think you know the answer to that." She hummed.

"I don't," I replied. "Say it for me."

Miss Roselyn pouted up at me, and I only raised a brow— hearing her tell me what she wanted was always attractive. She was a vocal woman, but she also got shy too.

She muttered under her breath, ".. To me."

"Hmm," I paused— noticing we had reached a nail shop. Miss Roselyn seemed to slow her steps so I knew that was the right one. "I think.." I began.

"You think..?" She repeated with a sense of curiousity.

I pushed open the door and held it open for her.

"I think," I nodded towards the inside of the shop. ".. it's time for you to get your nails done, ma." I murmured just loud enough for only Miss Roselyn to hear.

She didn't reply and only chewed on her bottom lip as she walked inside— the shop smelt of chemicals and shit like that.
I let the door close and stood by Miss Roselyn as she waved someone down— her eyes glancing from me here or there. I could hear murmurs from women— probably because someone like her was in such a small and local shop.

A young woman with short red hair rushed over to Miss Roselyn— she had a black nose and eyebrow piercing.
The woman smiled, "Roselyn it's great to see you again— how are you?"

"I'm doing good, Lani," Miss Roselyn replied— showing her hand to the woman. ".. the ones you have me lasted really long— I popped them off yesterday 'cause I knew I was comin' here."