Chapter 28: Petty Revenge

Start from the beginning

Aurianna's frustration escalated, her annoyance transforming into a burning anger. She raised her foot and pressed it firmly against Ralph's head. "How dare you, you insufferable imbecile, attempt to strike me? You pathetic excuse for a brat!" With a swift and forceful kick to his gut, Ralph was sent sprawling, unable to control his fit of coughs.

"You have a nerve, provoking me like this," Aurianna sneered, grabbing a handful of Ralph's hair and delivering a resounding slap across his face. The impact sent him crashing into the wall, yet astonishingly, no dent was left behind.

As tears streamed down Ralph's face, Aurianna approached him, lowering herself to a crouching position. Ralph's voice cracked as he yelled, "Do you want to die?!" He raised his left hand, expecting his magical powers to respond, but to his astonishment, nothing happened. Confusion clouded his expression as he muttered, "Why can't I use my magic?"

Aurianna, wearing an evil grin, taunted Ralph with a provocative question. "Why can't you unleash your electricity and corruption magic, hmm?" Her words struck a nerve, provoking Ralph further.

"It's impossible! Are you also a dual wielder?" Ralph retorted, his anger mounting.

"That's none of your concern," Aurianna responded dismissively before swiftly dashing towards Ralph, delivering a powerful kick to his crotch.

Ralph wheezed uncontrollably, pain coursing through his body, while Aurianna remained unfazed, her gaze cold and detached.

"This is just the first punishment for daring to provoke me when I entered the hall," Aurianna declared with a steely resolve. She clenched her fist and delivered a forceful punch to Ralph's gut, causing him to cough uncontrollably, his teeth clenched in agony.

"And this one is for the audacity of swapping the spoon of Royalty with a mere plastic one," Aurianna continued, her voice dripping with disdain.

Aurianna's grip tightened as she seized Ralph by the neck, a malicious glint in her eyes. Ralph's terrified gaze met hers as he struggled desperately to free himself.

Just then, Queen Amber's voice echoed through the air, interrupting the escalating confrontation. Ralph's face twisted with relief as he screamed, "Mother, help! Aurianna is attempting to kill me!"

Reacting to her son's panicked cries, Queen Amber swiftly rushed to the scene, followed closely by her retinue of ten knights. As she arrived, the sight of Ralph and Aurianna in their tense standoff greeted her eyes.

"Mum, Aurianna severed my arm and brutally assaulted me!" Ralph sobbed, crawling towards Queen Amber, seeking solace in his mother's presence.

Amber's expression turned stern as she fixed her gaze on Ralph. "Why in the world are you lying? Your hand is perfectly fine," she remarked, her voice laced with disbelief.

Ralph hastily examined his previously severed arm, now restored to its original state. The bloodstains that had once marked his skin had mysteriously vanished, leaving no trace of injury behind.

"Mama, Ralph told me we were going to play a game, but then he hit me!" Aurianna sobbed, revealing a red mark on her cheek as she continued to cry.

For some inexplicable reason, Queen Amber found herself drawn to Aurianna's charm and swiftly approached her, enveloping her in a comforting embrace before lifting her up.

"How could you dare to strike your sister, Ralph? Have you lost your mind? Don't you realize how delicate she is?" Queen Amber scolded Ralph, her voice filled with a mix of anger and disappointment, as she lovingly patted Aurianna's back. Aurianna clung to her mother's neck, her sniffles audible to everyone present.