65. ikhtitam

TAARA

TAARA

I stood in the distance with Rajshri, as we watched the fire burning in the distance, we were women, and we were not supposed to go closer to the fire, Rajshri, half hugged me from behind, as tears kept escaping us.

Rehman Ali has ended, and Abhiraj asked me what I wanted to do with him. And I told him to give him to the ladies of a brothel. Because I believe they have a lot more to vent to him than me. And from what I heard, all the ladies hit him too much, that he died on the spot.

I didn't want to be part of that revenge. Because for me, I had already been given the punishment to the man who was responsible for my disruption. I am past and beyond my yesterday now.

The past is gone. We were no longer Muqda or Aamira. And the worst part is,  we don't know how to be Taara and Rajshri, for Aamira, had lived five years of her life as Rajshri, but all I ever had lived was as Muqda. I was born a Muqda.

This new identity of me looks scary, I don't see what is there in front of us in the future. But whatever is it, I am sure it is not the worst as our past. Because everything that eventually destroyed me is gone.

The fire was burning the brutal past, I don't know if I can ever forget and move on.

My mother. I have barely had my days with her. There are vague memories of her. Funny how my head is filled with every single person who has torn me, and not that one person who was somewhat the only person to have me still attached to the ground all this year.

An hour went up, but until the fire started to die down, we stood together,

"Mom finally is at rest, Muqda- Taara," Rajshri faltered on her words, as I smiled and nodded. My hand slid to clutch hers in mine, tightly. I felt a hand behind my back, and a shadow beside Aamir- Rajshri.

Aadheesh grabbed her by her waist, and pulled her inside his sides like a magnet, and rather than being uncomfortable or upset, she smiled at him, looking up at his face.

I don't think I need to speak in between this anymore.

The hand on my back was there to support me. I didn't look at his face, but my peripheral visions unwantedly was showing that he was looking at me. 

"Muq-Taara, I am right outside," she said as she hinted to me towards Abhiraj from her eyes, to talk with him. She has obscure they concluded that we should stick together. She left with Aadheesh bickering together and left me here alone with him,

We have been more alone together, but I don't know why the same thing, now with no lies seems so unsure and scary like we were meeting each other for the first time.

He cleared his throat after some time, "How's your wound?" I implored between the awkward silence, the fire died down, and all that remained there were ashes,