46. Kayanat

MUQDA

I walked down the stairs again, this time with him by my side, dressed in an authentic black kurta, even if he won't a completely simple one this time something about him had mesmerized everyone. There were a lot of people this time today, the entire place was decorated was shining, bright enough that if stared too hard, you might go blind.

I was at the top of the stair, him standing right beside me. I inhaled deeply, with his palm forward, I looked into his eyes as I took his palm. Just five minutes ago I saw him covered in blood.

Was it innocent? Or not!

I walked forward the step, him synching my footsteps.

"It's too bright! What if I turn dull before the lights?" I wondered to myself without realizing that the words were too loud, enough for him to hear me, despite the loud music.

"Ye puri kayanat ki roshni bhi mil ke tumhe fika nahi kar sakti Muqda, tumahara sirf lezza nahi, pura wajud chiasmata hai!" he said and overlooked my eyes, a smile, a weird crooked a smile forming in his lips. And while staring at those brown orbs, the fire in my chest ignited even brighter.

We were at the last step, and turning my head towards the guest, I spotted that one girl, dressed in red attire, simple and sober, looking normal to me, something painful in her eyes, I halted then and there, "You brought her? Because I asked?" I inquired him, and he shook his head, "No, I didn't." He found his brother standing in the crowd.

Aamira ran towards me, and with an open arm I took her in, she was here just two days ago, but I couldn't meet her. And I haven't seen her, ever since... I don't even remember when was the last time. This person, for who, I can bring down the whole world, for who I can break mine or any bone. The person I haven't stayed apart a day from was taken away, stolen from me, and forbidden to ever see me. And watching her right now, my sight feels an instant relief, unharmed, every storm rose in me had calmed down, and having in her my arm, the fire that I felt never stopped burning in my heart feels at rest now.

She was my everything. And I can't believe that I have sent her apart from me for the sake of this child. That child, who I have never even met, I am unaware if I am even capable to love it the same way, I love her.

And after birth what if, I don't care about it the same way, will I forever be left in the regret that I destroyed my sister's life?

I didn't even realize that tears had been streaming down both our faces and that we have been hugging for so long.

She refused the pull me apart, and so did I. But the demand of the situation asked me something different.

I pulled back, and looked in her eyes, "Just tell me you don't hate me?" That was all I wanted to know from her, I was convinced earlier that her knowing this fact that abandoned her for the sake of my child will only make her despise me and this child.