48. Maqbool

ABHIRAJ

I heard Aadheesh speak in my favor, a rare sight. A point where he can probably destroy me? He chose not to!

This changes everything, rather than baring in I chose to stay at the door and overhear them.

"I want the best for this child. But you saw him today? The way he reacted."

"He was upset, but he confessed to you."

"Yes! After harassing me with his words" she spoke, unaware of what I just heard, I rode harass her. I might have lost my cool and I did break some bottles, but I made sure they were far apart from her. All I did, was speak my heart out to her. Aadheesh said the same thing I thought to myself, and when she explained to him what happened in her mind, he told her the way I confessed to her. There she said, her cheeks red, her face flushed.

The moment I said I love you to her, she was back to normal. She started blankly at me and then she snatched her hands away from me and ran away. Went back to the party and sat with her circle. Where she knew I won't approach. I didn't understand the way she reacted I disliked it.

I then chose to barge in the door when both of them sat there in awkward silence. How the hell he knew about my confession? That I will look later, I stepped inside, both of them aware of my presence and both of them stood up.

She was slower than my brother, Aadheesh forcing his hands in the air, "Here! Your women! I didn't touch her. You can confirm that!" He said cautiously before I can even speak, Muqda staring at me with a conscious look.

I looked at Aadheesh who got the hint and he just turned around and left the room, winking at Muqda. He was just bickering with her outside.

I turned to Muqda who took a step towards me, "Abhiraj," She said, My name sounds so foreign from her lips. So weird. And every time she calls it, my chest tightens unknowingly. "I am sorry, I shouldn't have been careful with my words earlier. I intently tried to piss you off." She admitted, I smiled and nodded. "And about what you said? I don't think so I can say the same to you." she broke the glass that was too fragile in this situation.

Taking my steps closer to her holding on her arms I looked down at her, "Muqda, I  didn't confess because I wanted to hear it back from you. I said it because I wanted you to know what you are to me. It's okay if you don't love me back."

It was not okay. I want her to like me, I want her to love me. I want her to want me the same way I am a lunatic about her. I don't know when and why, so much happened to me. But I am not going to run away from it. And I hope she is not doing it the same way.