17. Tabahi

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

ABHIRAJ

He left with Aamira, and I stood there staring at the open door, light falling inside, my shadow overlapping the floor as I got lost in my thoughts while staring at it. I couldn't hold the idea of what I heard.

How can I?

I wondered to myself, my breath rose as my responsibilities, my political career, and my world all came in front of my eyes. How can it be?

Most of all. I will be a father.
Father to a child. I couldn't ever be a good man. How can I?

What will I  say to Aamira? I brought her here.

Will I take responsibility?  Aadheesh will go insane if he found out.

I am a father of a child his woman is pregnant with.

The question was too much for me, all running in my head and before the panic attack hits me, I tried to calm down. What I have within me is unwanted emotions, one that will do no good for me.

I am overthinking, it's stupid of me to think that it is my child. What the hell is wrong with me? How can I forget that she is a prostitute and sleeping with men, Is her forté? She must have slept with a zillion more men after me. And it must be a child of theirs.

Along with that, She was there with my brother as well for two weeks. It may be his child. There are many possibilities and it can easily be ruled out that it is not my child.

And what do I have to do? Keep denying it if she ever confronts me about it.

I closed my eyes, as I tried to take deep breaths, it's not my child, it's not. It's not. It's not even possible. She is a prostitute. A prostitute.

~
AADEESH

"Abhiraj"

I heard her answer, and left her shoulders, stepping back while I glared at her eyes. She can't get pregnant within a week. That's all have been around him. So?

So when?

"How..." I started to question but she leaned back at the sink, as she closed her eyes, she froze there for a brief moment as she started to whimper slowly. I never thought I will see her cry when I have done so badly to her and she still didn't shed a tear. But right now, I watched her trying her best to not cry. She was bawling eventually.

"I...I took the birth control pills, I made sure it never comes to this. I...i..." She started to cry. So it was willingly?

"You and my brother? Are a thing?" I asked the most ridiculous question. They are blood-sworn enemies, if they were together he won't be treating her so badly and she won't be stirring a revolution. So what was this condition?