60. Dard

ABHIRAJ

My chest turned hundreds of times heavier, I stepped back, eyes fluttering with disbelief, so much pain and ecstasy creeping inside. I can't be happier that I was having twins, but I just lost Muqda!

My eyes went down as I saw the ultrasound, a sketchy image with a lack of city, and inside it, were two oval-shaped dots. The emotions had clouded me too much that I can feel that tears were going to weld up. And it shouldn't! I am not a weak man.

I was about to run behind her, stopping her and apologizing to her again, but Aadheesh caught me.

"You are on total bed rest! What the fuck are you doing?" He yelled at me. "My bed rest is not more important than my wife," I raved

He revolted, "That wife you married to put on a leash?" He asked me, and I raised my hand to punch him but he got it. "The whole time I didn't give a fuck about who you are marrying! What you are doing? What your intentions are? I don't give a shit about that girl. But as a man? You are motherfucking bastard! Many people attack from behind! And they are leeches? And you my brother! You are even low life than that. I said the truth so it hurt to hear it. She fucking lived with you. I fucking was engaged and would have killed her for hurting you. But look at where you are. I think you deserve worse than a stab." he said and turned walking out, dragging Aamira with him.

Does he think I don't know this?

I picked up the tray of things from the table and threw it on the walls.

I was even doubtful that the emotions that are running inside me are real anymore. Am I really upset? Or am I even playing tricks on me? I went to bed and sat down.

I so want to run behind her. And beg her for her forgiveness, I want to go to her, once again sit on my knees and apologize to her for real this time.

But not just words will work, will it? There is one thing that I must put my end on. And that thing will make her decide whatever she wants to do. Because I am in no position to ask her to stay with me if she doesn't want.

I need to get her, why she is stuck in the first place.

~
MUQDA

I heard everything standing at the door, running away from there to hide the tests that escaped me. I don't want him to see that he succeeded in disrupting me. I failed but he did.

And I am shattered, all the thingstovetehr! All the time together! From day one to all this till today, all in my head running, with this streaming tears.

But I am left to wonder.

Am I supposed to be mad at him? I? Wasn't I doing the same thing? He came to Chandravani, and yes he did rape me. But I was the one who accepted it? Wasn't I? True, he was playing with me. But I was trying to ruin him too!
He was as marrying me to put me on a leash, and I was marrying him to slowly destroy him?

Yes! Yes, all his confessions and all his vulnerable self where he tried to act like a better man was a play. But? Not a single word that came out of me was the truth!

Everything was a goddamn play, for both of us.

So how can I be mad at him, I am just as worse as him. I am even worse. I intentionally didn't take the birth control pills so that I get pregnant and torture him? I was trying to ruin his reputation by ruining another life, at least in his story, he wasn't planning to hurt these two lives in my belly. He wanted to save them when my father would have killed them.

I screeched down the wall tears streaming down. We both were doing the same thing, for different reasons.

And I am left to wonder who is more wrong?

I saw a hand before me, I don't want to see anyone, I don't want to talk right now. I don't even have words to say. I don't want to see anyone. I closed my eyes, crying, wiping my tears off, when I saw the face that squatted before me.

Aadheesh looked at me, and I hated the pitiful look, and thankfully he didn't have it. He was looking at me with the same as me black eyes, just a typical heartless face, his hand still out. I was behind the hospital, in a small area where they keep the dumpster. He found me here.

Just looking at him, all the emotions wriggled again, and I tried to hold him but when he opened his arm, I didn't even twice before I jumped and hugged him. Not a familiar warmth, but soothing, felt like home. "It's okay you can cry." He said, and I tried not to but as soon as I was hidden, the emotions became all too clear to me. I didn't even realize for how long I kept crying by him.

"It's all my fault, why did I have to go and burn down the weeds? This is where it started!" I didn't realize that I said it out loud, with all the running words in my head.

"No Muqda, it's not your fault, you were just trying to protect those infants who were dying without us realizing." He said to reassure me.

How will Abhiraj feel, when he finds out that I was equally playing him?

I needed this, I needed to be kept hidden like this. I was happy Aadheesh was here. "I am sorry Muqda, I am responsible for this. I sat by you that day and told you to trust my brother. I am sorry." He said to me, reminiscing that night.

"Well, it's not you then. It's just Abhiraj is a good actor." I said and he sneered humming. I tried to pull back, he let me off.

"Aamira is possessive." I tried to joke, I never thought in my life that this man would be the one to comfort me when I feel like my world is shattered. He smiled and shook his head. "She knows I am here with you. She is the one who sent me. Saying, you won't be able to break down to her, because you are so used to acting before her."

She was right. I could have never cried before her.

I fidget with my nails, "Can you please? Just never -"

"I would never hurt her Muqda. Never, even though the thought alone makes me burn down the city." He finished the sentence for me. But he caught my one hand swaying it. "If you want you can come to London with us. Though I planned to keep you in the basement and torture you. I think I can spare you a room?" he joked, and I laughed.

"Sorry, kidding. You have nothing left here. You should come with us? You can give birth there. You can, I would love to raise them as their uncle?"

"So that later you can plan to ruin them too?" I don't know how this snarky comment passed me by, but he caught on to it, and how eyes widen, "What?" He asked me no time spare.

Nothing, I said to him and shook my head but he was determined to know. "Remember I was the one who was stabbing your brother? Well, first I started it as revenge for raping me. But later your father joint me, to torture Abhiraj and break him so that you can have everything of yours back!" I said it out loud, whatever he has to say he can. He heard me, and I can feel the redness caught on her face, with outrage and fury but he gulped.

"Never like him, I would love them like my own. They won't feel less because they don't have a father. As their uncle, I would put all my power to make sure." He told me.

But,

I knew where I am supposed to be. And it is not London. I can't run away from here.

There is a lot here.
Including our mother who I haven't even gotten back, there is my father who I must encounter. For doing this to me.

And there is Rehman Ali, who I must take my revenge on, as well. Because that man had all the power and yet he chose the one that destroys us.

I shook my head, "Thank you for the offer though. You are a nice person Aadheesh," I said and he shook his head.

"I am not," he said, and he helped me stand up. "Let's go home now,"

"No, I am not going home." I said and he blinked, "Where are you going?"

"To my father."