42. Ishq

AAMIRA

AAMIRA

My eyes were set on the door the through time clock was ticking wondering inside my chest if either he will come or not. Overlooking how he was behaving the moment I said yes, I was sure that he would come. But maybe he felt guilty after in the pain of my past I confessed how we have lived all our life.

It was morning, and all I know is that he went outside after he dropped me here and he came back after some time.

I heard the women talking outside my door as I stepped out and overhead them talking, “It's Bade Sahab's engagement today! I heard the entire village is going to have a feast for a whole week"

"Yes, people came to our village too, they announced how none of the houses has to cook for one week. And they set their things and started to cook. "

"Of course! It's the king's wedding after all."

I heard about the scenario it's going on outside. And I was left stranded. My sister is getting engaged and I can't even be there for her!

I thought to myself but one of the women saw me and walked up to me, bowing, "How many I?" She asked me, but one male housekeeper walked towards us from the long hallway.

"Sir, called you for lunch ma'am," He said after giving me a deep bow. I nodded as I dismissed the woman with a smile and walked behind that man, I am unaware of the ways in the house, but I am quick with directions I learned all the ways of Rajkot Haveli within a week.

I came downstairs to a huge dining hall. With a long dining table. And he is on the one edge of it.

He lives alone here and as the woman, none of the family members visit him, not even his father. They were talking about how he is probably abandoned and no one cares about him since he is the not wanted child.

He looked at me and not that I was hoping for any reaction but when he smiled I jumped in my place a little. He is too guilty. He must know that none of this is his fault, us getting entangled with Rehman Ali is our fault.

I walked up to him, as the housekeeper pulled the chair for me, and I sat on it. "No, long ghagras today?" he asked me the first thing ever he has seen me, I am always in something too long and fulgent. I shook my head, I was wearing a simple chikenkari green Lakhnavi, completely simple.

"No, you don't like it so...," I said simply, my eyes set on the table with food that is probably for people on a diet, just milk, and cereals with fruits and small things which they call pancakes and honey drip bottle inside, of course, he is a foreigner.

None of those were real food and I don't see why he was eating something like this.

"You are trying to impress me?" he asked me, as my eyes rose to meet his and I rolled them around, scoffing. But he caught my chin and brought my face closer to his, his hands suddenly appearing near my face as he brought a honey bottle closer to me, dripping two drops of the honey on my lower lips I was astounded but even before I could even inhale his tongue came forward and he licked the honey off before they could slide down my chin. I sat there staring in the air