39. Daasta

AADHEESH

"You love Muqda?" her lips left her with her brown eyes astounded by my previous words, I prefer anger over this pitiful emotion but she acted in it.
She was hurt, probably. She was a few steps below me yet, I slid my hand on her chin and pulled it up with a smile.

"Look at this face Aamira. look hard at it. And think deeply, what do I look like? An arrogant bastard who has lived a careless and carefree life and would die like that. Men like me? Don't fall in love. We don't like or feel affection for anyone." I said a little too proudly because nothing feels greater than being a cripple who can't feel emotions.

A frown formed on her forehead getting deeper, "Then why are you worried that she will break down if I die?" She asked me little confused and I shrugged taking my hands away from her. 

And started to walk down the stairs myself, I got to her level and took her wrist.

I wasn't planning on revealing much, but what can she do? And now that she dislikes my brother, I might even take her to my advantage.

And she likes it or not, she is on my team now.

"Let me tell you a secret Aamira!" I said and started to drag her down along with me.  "I was told on a call that millions of deals are being crashed every day in India because some woman has been troubling my brother by burning down his partners and his fields. And I was like huh! Someone finally who is bold enough to challenge my brother! I came back to my country not because I was worried he was going down in his political career but because people were starting to doubt his powers. But because I wanted to see this girl, and use her as my leverage to get what my blood has to offer me. The title of being the heir of Agnivanshi name. And that is why I came back here. At first, I just planned that I will have her under my fist, and will use her actions to bring him down, and just be a bystander. But she got pregnant with his child. And I was like I can use this child to make him miserable. But unfortunately, they got together for that child. So the only way to ruin him is to use her because everything around him is attached to her. And since the only thing that can ruin her is you. I need you alive."

"If you want to ruin her. Why are you worried that she might get broken by death?"  She asked me feeling hurt,

"I never said I want to ruin her. I want to use her. And you are the key." I clarified with her, and she scoffed.

"I guess it's just not him that I have to protect her from? It's you too!" She said and pulled her hand away from my grip and walked back upstairs leaving me halfway in the well.

I turned to see her running away. She got hurt I see?

I walked back up behind her as she went by car and tried to open the door.