41. Jazbaat

AADHEESH

Her answer to my question had left me shunned. And I stood there staring at the blank picture in my mind, my mouth half opened. While she wiped her years, sobbed, and sighed looking down at the floor. Her face was the clarification that she regretted telling me this.

She took a step back since the door of the car didn't open she started to walk on her feet,

I could see her but I was still vastly shocked and hadn't grasped it. This is not some mere evil action! This is insanity! Complete insanity, can people even do this? Can a body be kept in cold storage for so long?

I mean. How, why? And even he has her. Must they break ththeirodies and souls to free their mother? I mean she is dead and gone, why ruin your own life because of someone who has already left?

I wanted to make her see it, but watching her cry just now? I am ready to avoid every crucial, vital thing.

I jogged behind her reaching her and hen walking quietly beside her. She looked at me and wiped her tears away again. She was still crying.
"Please forget everything that I said?" She very delicately requested me. I wanted to retort but she spoke further, "I know you must find it stupid and pointless for us to ruin our lives because of this, and there is nothing I can say to justify and convince you into understanding this. But to stand at the place where we stood back then, we were illiterate, with a mother who was dead and a father who is looking to kill us. At 17 how much could I have acted maturely? How could I have protected Muqda from my father's men? We had no place to run, no place to go. No home. No relative left. And among all these things only Baba was there. He is a bad man. Who has ruined us, and deserves to die. But it never changes that he did hold onto us when we had no one, for his benefit I get it. But still. And by that time. We were truly mature to handle things on our own. It all stopped making sense, we had come a long way to turn back now. There is no real reason why he has our dead mom hostage. He wants us to be His treasures, and till when we don't know. He never gave us a condition for what he wanted from us. And eventually, that life became our life and that place became our home. And we were surviving it, some things willingly some unwillingly."

When she said she had no place to go. No home to run. I felt my existence was completely pointless for I couldn't protect her from all this. I don't know where this feeling came from. But I hated not being there where they
extremely needed someone.

She started to cry again. And I just couldn't hold on and I just pulled her arm and hugged her tightly my hand resting on her head as my other arm wrapped her around my chest pulling her very close to me. "Don't try to stop what's brewing inside you. It will only grow bitter." I told her and she melted in my arms. I hugged her tightly holding her upright.