21. Malamat

AAMIRA

"I don't know. You tell me, why do you think it's other men's child? It could be mine, and I already explained how it is possible." He said to me, his worse were faltering and they didn't seem like had any base. He was not being honest.

I stepped up to him, for a moment right now, I got a chance to stand up for my sister and take her side and fight for her and I am not going to let the moment pass.

I stepped forward, one and another as I was meeting his eyes, my head started sweating under his gaze and I wasn't so sure within myself that I can truly stand up for him and bring him down. I planned to step back, a little ounce of fear thrived inside me and I was ready to pull back, but he leaned forward, bending till my length, and smiled, "Still doubting?" He asked, his face too close to me. More than an ideal distance between couples in the books I have read. If I even as much as I breathe and somehow manage to sway a little I will end up kissing him.

He is a filthy, dirty man who lacks boundaries with people, he was flirting right now with that creepy smirk and black eyes gleaming so bright.
I made sure to push back immediately and not touch him by mistake.

I hate this man, a little too much.

I wanted to intimate him and tell him that if he as much as hurt my sister's hair as I will find him and torture him so much that he will beg for forgiveness.

He smiled, "I think it's late, and he is not coming home soon. You should go and sleep." He uttered and passes by me to leave,

"I am going to wait," I responded and I looked at the driveway. Waited.

"Seems like things are pretty great between my brother and you, should be expecting some cousins to play with my child?" he said from behind me, a wave of uneasiness caught me when I realized that his shadow overlapped me a little too closely as I turned around and found him at my back like a creep.

This guy, just agreed to accept my sister and right now he is heckling me right now.

Our face was again too close, I stepped back but got caught in my
Ghaghra and I were about to fall but had caught my forearm and pulled me instantly, I collided with his hard chest and for a moment there I thought I fell. I closed my eyes assuming the worst that I fell on my butt in front of a man, how unethical and unsophisticated and ungraceful it was. But when I opened my eyes, I saw his open chest, before me, for the area he had forgotten to button up.

I shake my head and pushed him this time. He staggered back, "How ungrateful." He yelled.

"You know I didn't like you when I first saw you. And I was right too. You are a flirtatious womanizer." my words left like venom as he opened his mouth in surprise.

"Careful there! Ungrateful indeed. I am accepting your sisters' illegitimate child. The least you can do is say thank you. "

"My sister doesn't need you. She is much stronger, and brave. And she can take care of herself. Without a man."

"She can if she doesn't have to look after another bug leeching off her blood." He used the worst weapon. Something I feel guilty for, something that breaks me. His words played like a mirror for me when I have to see the reflection. I was left voiceless before him. Because what can I argue with him? Further this? "I hope you do realize how much your sister gave up for you." he continued, his eyes belittling me, "I only know one story, one night. I can't even imagine, knowing 'em all. Forget about the person who lived it every day.", He said maliciously without any filter. "You think you hate me? I can't fucking stand looking at such a selfish person before me." His last word left a wound on me. As my eyes yielded with tears, pleading for a release, I shut my eyelid as they slid down on my cheek.

"You loathe your sister too? Don't you Aamira?" he asked me out of blue, I was surprised at first but I looked at him with utter confusion. "You hate that she took the light from you, you hate that people make her look like a good person when they treat you like a perpetrator. Do you think she stole the show by acting like a victim? Do you think nobody sees it? I do. You are goddamn transparent to me. " He said, glaring down at me, waiting for an answer, while I struggled to make one.

I had nothing to respond to. Nothing came into my head to clarify for him, or tell him he is wrong. He waited, smiles, and then passed by completely gone.

I don't understand this. How, what did he mean? And why I couldn't deny him?

I...

~

I walked in the hallway when Abhiraj stepped in front of the doorway, he saw me and his steps halted, his eyes blinked and he froze in his place.

He looked at me and then started to pace faster toward me,

"Abhiraj?" I asked when he came near and he stopped further than usual. "Everything okay with you? Where were you?" I asked him, concerned but not so bold.

He stepped back and then sighed, "Aamira, do you like living here?" he asked me, leaving me with confusion as to where this conversation is leading, I gulped down, trying to evaluate and answer but then I ushered, "It's good here. Everyone treats me with so much respect and you...too..." I halted.

"You like living here?" He asked me again and I gave a nod and then smiled.

"Too bad. I think you should go back to Chandravani Haveli."