23. Muqdaddar

AAMIRA

I haven't stepped outside my room ever since he told me that I should go back to Chandravani Haveli. Not that I am implying that I don't want to leave here, I am not trying to be stubborn. But I am sitting here, my mind grasping everything that I could have done wrong which led him to send me back.

Do I want to go back? Was the big question for me, now that I know that Muqda is back at Chandravani Haveli but not for long since Aadheesh, Abhiraj's brother will be taking responsibility I will be given the job that Muqda has been doing all this while?

But what am I supposed to do now?

I can't beg Abhiraj to keep me. I... I was hovering over all these questions when my door was knocked by someone, I looked up staring at the personality standing at the door, his eyes lingered upon me, "I am going to meet Muqda, Abhiraj said you are to be taken back at the red house. Let's move," He said, he didn't come inside, just there stood at the door, fixing the sleeves of his black shirt.

He was concentrating on his shirt, but then he looked at me when he didn't hear back from me. He despises me too much because he cares for Muqda and he has categorized me as one of her enemies.

I didn't expect Abhiraj will throw me out so soon, and with no clear explanation of what have I done.

"Why is he throwing me out?" I asked because this question was bothering me for too long, and I couldn't bare it.

I needed a second opinion. "I don't know, maybe he saw that you were a manipulating...." He halted and then shook his head, "Whatever."He greeted them and turned around.

"I have never done anything to you? What is your problem." For the first time, I felt rage in front of anyone. I have always made sure that my wrath stays hidden because being angry is nothing that gracious women do.

"I don't know, your existence."

"Well, I am not your problem to look after, I will leave myself."

"I know you can, you think I am interested in taking you with me?" He laughed and then shook his head, "Stop kidding me. I just need a key to access the door that leads me to Muqda." The way he said it, set fire to my core and I felt like I will blast at him. I could see the pillow beside me and I just wanted to pick it up and throw it at him. But I inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm myself down.

"I am not leaving yet, I need to talk to Abhiraj. Find another key." I spat and stood up walked over to the door and was about to shut it tight on his face after I gazed him down with a dead eye. But right when the two doors were supposed to shut together, a hand interrupted it I couldn't still shut them when he slid them open and his face popped inside, his mouth greeting, his black eyes looking down at me,

"Ye tumhari kothi nahi hai ki tum ek baar Dobara mere muh pe darwaza band kardo." He grunted at me, as he started to take a step inside, I slipped my feet behind, as he walked ahead.
His hatred for me was reflected in his dark eyes,

"Dress up. We have to leave," He said and then looked down at me, "Well, you are always dressed like you are going to a wedding, trying to lure men. Guess your charms didn't work on my brother that is why he is sending you back." He said with utter disregard for others feeling. And stepped back, his face finally distancing from me.

"We don't dress for men. We dress up because we still care about traditions. We are not a fake NRI, who chose to leave his country and settle outside. And if you want to see skin, how about you go back to where you came from?" for the first time, I don't care what I portrayed with my image, the other day, I refused to act courteously and spat with no care.

But this angered him further as his hand suddenly landed on the back of my neck and grope me tightly from behind, bringing my face back near his, "You don't tell me where I go? You shut your mouth and keep your eyes on the floor. Speak when asked and pleasure us. That was the purpose we bought you from that haveli, fulfill them."He greeted me as he threw me back, and I got entangled in my simple lakhvani's ghagra and fell on the floor.

His words hit me hard, and tears wobbled in my eyes. "I hope my sister doesn't have a daughter. Because no girl in this world deserves a father like you." I cursed at him and stood up, wiping my tears away. And stormed out of my room.

I hastily walked towards the hallways and checked inside the rooms to see Abhiraj, when I finally found him in the garden with several men, sitting around on the couch, I didn't want to disturb him when I turned and saw Aadheesh walking behind me. Before he drags me there to be his ticket to meet my sister. I need to ask him why he did this to me. I walked to the hut house in the middle of the lawn, when all the men sitting with him, some old some young, some dressed decently some dressed rather vaguely, some I even I have seen in chandravani haveli.

They all encountered me and started clattering with each other.

Was it a wrong decision to walk here?

Abhiraj turned to me and saw my face, shocked he stood up and furiously walked down the stairs of his lawn house and strode towards me, while I was still midway.

"Why are you here?" Even when he was angry he chose to speak rather politely.

"I don't want to leave. I want to stay here, with you." I said in an authoritative tone, not begging him, he shook his head and looked behind me, I knew what he looked at.

"Aamira, I understand it's your chance to stay put from Chandravani Haveli forever. But you don't understand I can't do this to you."

"Do what? You are not forcing me, I want to do this." I said to him clarifying when he shook his head and made a frustrated sound from the back of his throat, he turned around and looked at the men sitting and watching the show.

"Alright, how about you now go inside the house and wait, we all have something to discuss. Let's call Muqda here, so if she can come and we will all make a choice.

"Call my sister here? Is she behind all this? Did she ask you to send me back? Is she blackmailing you with the child?"

"Hush! Shush!" He called out instantly.

"Go inside, Aamira. Now!"

HEY READERS

HEY READERS

I know you all want updates and I am failing to give you as often as you want, but please trust me when I say I am trying my best.

And can you all, at least tell me how you are liking the story so far? I am confused. And I am not at all motivated.