29. Qeher

MUQDA

I watched him walking up towards me, with a broad smile on his face as if he was very proud of what he have achieved. And to be fair, he should be. I had made sure that this time he won't win, but he have proven me completely wrong. Yet, he has no humanity and didn't care how many lives he was taking by his mere plan.

He approached me even closer to me, his eyes shining with his self-aware victory. He took a high clap from Daiwik as he half-hugged him!

I will win now, no matter what and no motherfucker can stop me was too clear in the silence. But then he turned to me, "You should have sat inside the car. The smoke is not good for the child." His eyes had a bare minimum of care, I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Daiwik," He said and the men left the next instant. A step closer to me and I threthrownsteps backward, another step and I once again falter back, the people and the fire were far away from us, and they wouldn't notice in between the chaos, so he had nothing to worry about his reputation.
A sense of vulnerability under his brown gaze caught me, and I was left bent backward on the hood of his far, his face closer to mine.

"Did you roll your eyes at me, Muqda?" he asked me, my eyes battled,

"I did, so what?" even if I can't hide my vulnerable state, I can at least pretend it's a lie. "So, is that I'll make you roll them for the right reasons, while you will be on your knees? Careful." He threatened me, and even after all this, he dared to take advantage of my state. That he threw me in the first place?

"Well, this mouth got tongue and teeth. And if I truly am on my knees ever? I guess it should be you who must be more cautious." I spat back, just the thought of it was making me nauseous. He giggled, a smile stretched on his face, a weird thing to see ever. He pulled back, as he grope my forearms and help me get up as well.

"It's a little chilling, you should go inside the car," he said, his hands yet hadn't left me, my eyes went to throw them off me but my eyes rested on his arm which was all burned and dark, aching, it looked like it was a second-degree burnout.

My heart sank at the sight, it must be aching badly, and it should be treated immediately, I was completely deranged and emphatic towards him despite who he has. Because of the pain of a burn, I know it. Mom...

"You are burnt? And it's serious! You should treat it right now!" I called out to him, he looked down and shook his head, "It's okay, you go or you will catch a cold. Eat a full-course dinner and some fruit, I have called the dietician, she will create a good meal plan for you and the kid."  Even when he was scorched he was neglecting it.

"I don't need a dietician I have seen enough kids being born in chandravani Haveli and not one of the women ever saw the doctor. But none could treat, a fire burn. So you should go and see a doctor?"

"I don't need a doctor." He shrugged is away but I caught his arm before he was taking it away. "Daiwik is it?" I asked the guy standing far away, he turned around and nodded.

"He is burnt! He should see a doctor."

"Kamal hai, waise toh har jagah aag lagaye ghumti ho, par mujhe aag se jala hua dekh ke, takleef tumhe horahi hai?" He taunted me. I was about to roll my eyes again but I  didn't want to piss him off.

"Yu Qeher tumhare liye mujhe kabhi na mehsoos ho, par kya hai na ab tumhare jaan ke saath mere zindagi ka ahem hisa jud gaya hai, or mai nahi chahti ke usse bebaap bulaya jaye" I stated honestly, he was surprised to hear it from me as he smirked a little.

"Haye, ye tumhari matlabi parwah!" He crossed by me and passed from beside me. Opened the door, as he gestured for me to sit inside.
"You sit inside, I will apply the medicines." he still struck with his own and I let go of the care and sat inside, he too slid inside as he asked one of his men for a first aid box. I was to fight him to show a doctor since it was a second-degree burn but he wouldn't listen to me. And I am aware of it.

The man sauntered back with a box and handed it to him. Daiwik asked him if he wanted to drive home now. But he refused to say after he is done with the fire here. The firemen were still taking the fire out and saving the people around. Since the fire spread too fast and burnt more than 3-4 houses.

"You ruined someone's entire life's saving."

"I will overly compensate them. Don't worry about it." He said sparing no second glance towards him. I felt so bad for them. And even sadder for a man like this.

He was trying to treat his wound himself, struggling to find the right equipment to start the treatment with. I could see the antiseptic liquid right kept there but he dug the first aid box like it was a maze.

"You have never treated a wound ever, have you?" I inquired.

"I usually let it heal by itself. "

"That carelessness can cause some serious infection."

"Who wants to stay alive."I heard him murmur and I was beyond surprised. I never really took him for a style who would say that he is trying to get by this life. He still was digging and getting irritated, I just snatched the box away from his hand and taking a big ball of cotton and the liquid, I kept it harshly on his wound.

He called out like a child but then bite down due to his enormous ego. I smiled as I dabbed carefully on the fume.

I felt cold, as my eyes rose and I caught him staring at me.