12. Dhokebaz

AAMIRA

AAMIRA

Muqda is my sister, I mustn't be so rude to her, but before she just makes a decision, I must have had a say. But I don't think all my wrath was solely to confront her about her feelings or whatever she has planned.

I was rather upset because I don't want to witness Abhiraj being tied down to someone who is not me.

I might sound strange, I acknowledge that, but I was a girl who had always been overshadowed by the character and personality of the almighty Kalipari, who knew me?

Someone, finally witnessed me, someone, who respected me and even took revenge for me, from a man no one would have ever raised a finger against.

But, herein again, Muqda stole that one thing, I had started to grow fond of, one man who I truly wanted for the first time in my life.

Muqda! Muqda, all men in my life wanted her, everyone seemed her, she stole the limelight even I deserved to be in one.

I understand her 'Good intentions' against all her actions, as people say, but that doesn't hide away the fact that she had been a mole in my life.

I stormed inside my room, the anger flushing in my nerves, the frustration that I grew on the drive, I shared with Abhiraj and didn't usher a phrase regarding the newly found pieces of information on the stage.

People have always seen me as a quiet, delicate, and flower girl. But I own a good share of anger like Baba.

The first thing that caught my sight was this beautiful vase kept on the wooden stool at one side of the door, I grasped it and threw it over the floor, shattering it into thousands of fragments.

I wanted to scream, but I didn't want people to hear me, so I just sat down on the edge of the bed and took a hold of my hair, and started pulling it.

“Aamira?” Abhiraj's voice rang ahead of me. My head rose in shame for what he has seen me committing.

I jumped on my feet in nervousness as to what am I going to say, when the first excuse that came to me followed the trail of my lips, “I apologize, I pushed it by mistake when I was entering the room. I'm sorry.” I said, as innocently as possible. He shook his head with a bitter smile,

“I am not concerned about the cheap vase, I'm more worried about the most expensive thing I own!” He said as he took a step towards me his palm cupping my cheeks. I felt a hundred times better than before.

But, I needed answers,

“If I matter, then how come you chose my sister to marry?” I asked him, upset, and he smiled.

“Don't worry, they all are political reasons. And calm down now?” He explained to me. I did return his words with a nod, but I was still not happy about the whole scenario.

Yet pushing the words and him too hard will lead to a complication where he will be demanding me to explain how come I'm making such a massive deal about the least mattering thing when I have just met him a few days ago.