Taking advantage of the time, Jiang Tang went to clean up the house for the old lady. When she entered the room, she saw a picture hanging on the bedside. It was a family portrait, the man looked refined, and the woman looked gentle, and a girl who looked about seven or eight-year-old stood between the two. Jiang Tang stared at the picture for a few seconds and suddenly found that the young woman’s appearance was somewhat similar to Grandma Su. Is it…her picture when she was young?

Jiang Tang narrowed her gaze and felt that it was inappropriate to peep into other people’s privacy like this. She hurriedly finished cleaning the room and left.

The next day at six o’clock, Jiang Tang got up on time.

The children were still asleep, and the old lady had already awakened.

“I’ll go out to buy breakfast. What is your diet?”

“Lower your voice.” Grandma Su glared at Jiang Tang before lowering her head and gently covering the three children with a quilt.

Jiang Tang was silent for a moment and couldn’t help saying: “Even if the sky falls, they won’t wake up.”

Grandma Su wrinkled her brows, and her face was not happy: “I told you to be quiet.”

Jiang Tang pursed her mouth helplessly: “I will buy whatever I want then.”

“Tsk….”

Seeing the old lady was about to get angry, Jiang Tang quickly ran outside.

The early morning sunlight in the ancient town was beautiful. All of nature was fully awake, such a lively scene. Feeling the breeze blowing on her face, she slowing down her steps. 

The street shops were all open. Most of the shop owners were middle-aged people, and rare to meet young people in the town. Jiang Tang went straight to a steamed bun shop and ordered a few of the menus.

This is a small town, so there are not many customers. 

A middle-aged woman at the steamed buns store looked at her and saw she seemed not to be a local, so she asked: “Are you shooting the TV?”

Jiang Tang looked around and nodded: “We are shooting the show.”

The middle-aged lady continued: “A fair young man was here a moment ago. Which family are you staying with?”

Jiang Tang replied: “Mrs. Su’s house.”

She seemed to know and nodded: “It turned out you are staying at Teacher Su’s house. That old lady is not easy to get along with….”

Teacher Su?

Jiang Tang was a little surprised and quickly asked: “Grandma Su is a teacher?”

“Yes, but she’s very pitiful….” The shop owner chatted with Jiang Tang while preparing the order for her.

From her gossiping, Jiang Tang finally understood what happened to the old lady. 

A few decades ago, there was only one school in this entire town, with only two teachers in the school. One was Grandma Su, and the other one was her husband. The road had not been repaired at that time, and the mountain was closed. The children from surrounding towns were all sent to this school. Both Grandma and her husband were honest, educated people, devoting all their minds to teaching. But there was a disaster in the sky, and a big fire destroyed everything.

It was a lunch break that day, and most of the children were taking a nap. Mrs. Su and her husband were desperately able to rescue several of them, but…her only daughter and the love of her life were forever lost in the fire. For Teacher Su, the worst not yet to come. Her real tragedy started after the fire.