Chapter 35.

Third person POV (Hyunjin)

Hyunjin adjusted his arm around Felix and relaxed back again.

The sun had set long ago and the room was bathed in a dim glow from the single bulb they had left on. The computer was still on, so was the mic set. The lyrics notepad laid on the table forgotten and the wall clock struck 10p.m.

The two dancers were cuddled up on the couch after their small tussle and Felix was basically wrapped around Hyunjin like a small cat around its comfort item.

He wondered if he actually was Felix's comfort item...

The thought made him giddy and warm. He felt so homely and safe in Felix's arms, so comfortable and sheltered. The atmosphere was content and vulnerable and he wanted the moment to go on forever. For once, there were no insecure thoughts running around his head, there was no rush to get to, he wasn't drowning in his feelings, and there was no complications raining on his head.

But he had to speak up. He wanted to come clean with his feelings.

"Lix, I just wanna..... clear things up... talk about everything." he didn't really want to ruin the peace but he had to spill everything and start anew.

"Oh okkie." Felix smiled up at him, his eyes disappearing into crescents and melting Hyunjin's heart straight out of his chest. The taller looked away for a moment and took a deep breathe to calm himself down.

"I just... when I first met you, I was in awe with you. You were so pure, so beautiful, so tender-hearted, I thought 'No way is this boy real'. But then, I watched you practice your hangul so hard, staying back with Minho to polish your dance, taking lessons with Changbin to improve your rap and pronunciation and I was floored by your dedication. You were so hard-working, so driven and yet so soft and kind. You were so lovable Lix, you still are, and you will always be."

He paused to glance at the boy in his arms and found him looking at him just as softly and endearingly as he did.

"I was devastated when you were eliminated. Imagine a life without Lee Felix, I lost my sense of stability. " Hyunjin scoffed, remembering the staggering feeling when he realized that not only his crush was gone, but he would also lose the sunshine. No words could ever explain that moment in his life.

There had been only a handful of times when Hyunjin had questioned the reality of his existence, starting with when he had realized his crush on Minho and then watched him get eliminated, and then lost Felix too, found them both back again, and then left on hiatus himself.

In a sense, all of them had been fucked over in their lives.

"But then you came back, Lixie, you came back and I had never been happier. Your presence is just a goddamn blessing. You came back and I promised myself I will protect you at all costs. Which I failed, by the way." He scoffed again, now remembering all the signs the past 4yrs that Felix had dropped for having a crush on him.

"But I swear on my life, I was never oblivious on purpose, baby. I really was too preoccupied with my feelings for Minho. If I had known about your feelings earlier, I bet I would have fallen for you instead, not that I still didn't, but you get my point." Felix giggled at that, leaning forward and kissing Hyunjin's cheek in a heartbeat that had the rapper gasping and blushing furiously.

"Oh My God, you cheeky ass. I cannot stand you." he immediately slapped a hand over his cheeks, feeling faint at the action. If this was how he would react every time Felix was lovey-dovey with him, he should better bid goodbye to dating the boy lest he had a heart attack due to his actions one day.

"You cannot stand to be away from me either." the cheeky ass in question smirked back.

"True, but give me a warning next time, ok? I cannot die before confessing my feelings." Hyunjin settled back again, his heart returning to its normal pace and his cheeks paling up.