Chapter 22.

Third person POV (Felix).

"Its B.I.R.T.H.D.A.Y Sung, not B.R.I.T.H.D.A.Y" Felix chirped from his destined position of setting up the cake. Jisung, who was hanging up the lettered balloons for Jeongin's birthday, reeled back and let out a defeated whine.

Muttering curses and swears, the poor boy removed the string and got off the chair, ready to jumble the words back again, making both the Aussie brothers laugh at his predicament. Seungmin rushed through beside them with the food containers and utensils, setting them up on the dining table while Changbin and Hyunjin were clearing away the living room to make space for the surprise celebration.

Within moments, the maknaes+Minho's dorm was filled with decorative clusters across the walls and floors, shiny shimmering curtains and birthday wishes adorning the pale untouched walls and black and gold metallic balloons scattered on the floor. The center table was occupied with the 2 pound chocolate and vanilla butter cake that Minho had ordered, accompanied by 2 shot-oreo and choco cheesecake and some puff cakes, apple juice, whiskey and wine. The salty snacks consisted of chips, hot soup and some spicy stir-fried shrimp Minho had salvated a couple of hours over. The main course meal had huge variety of food that both the Lee duo had spent their blood, sweat and tears on due to the short amount of time they were provided. Hot Bulgogi and Bimbimbap were still steaming in the glass containers, accompanied by some steak meat and other side dishes.

The 7 young men had definitely out-did themselves for their dear maknaes birthday and Felix felt pride coursing through his veins when he saw their arrangement for the beautiful day.

"Guys, they are about to leave." Hyunjin informed the boys, springing up from his lazed position.

For the very obvious surprise, Minho had decided to take Jeongin out for 'shopping' so that the others could set up the birthday celebration, and thinking back at the excuse now, Felix realized they had literally abandoned Minho with a hungry fox baby who was dying to buy some cloths. R.I.P Minho's wallet was all the freckled boy could wish for as a giddy smile fell across his lips.

It had been so long since they had planned such a 'James Bond' move on their members. Last year, Minho, Chan and the Sunshine twins birthday had gone without too much of a spark since they were in the media phase. That, burdened with Felix's injury and the comeback's stress, had built up a sombre environment in the SKZ life. Thankfully, now they were going to break out from it with their lovely youngest member's birthday. The year had started out dull but they were going to make it colorful, one step at a time, starting from Jeongin's birthday and carried out by Hyunjin's, which was just a month away.

"Ok ok, everyone get to the positions" Chan clapped his hands and Hyunjin and Jisung picked up the party-poppers taking their place at the end of the hallway, just a couple of inches away from the main door. Seungmin stood beside the switchboard from where he would switch the lights on and off, while Chan, Felix and Changbin stood behind the coffee table, ready to ignite the candles.

"They are 13 minutes away." Seungmin stated, with his phone in his hands wherein he was tracking Minho's location. Instantly, the anxious boys lapsed into relaxed states at their positions.

"If I don't get this much effort on my birthday, I am setting the dorms on fire." Hyunjin uttered, glaring at the others challengingly.

"You should be grateful if we even remember your birthday." Seungmin rebuked back with a daring smile on his lips, fully enjoying riling up the dramatic boy.

"You should be grateful I spare your life then, Kim Seungmin-ssi" Hyunjin's manical smile was pretty attractive to Felix, who was watching the exchange, interested. It was true though, with the album drop just two days before Hyunjin's birthday, a celebration as substantial as Jeongin's would be pretty tough. But they will manage, of course, after all its Hyunjin they are talking about.

Sudden murmurings could be heard from outside the dorm when Chan held up his hand for silence. It seemed as if Minho and Jeongin were arguing about something trivial again, as Seungmin switched off the lights and the two rapper readied their poppers. There was a beat of stillness before the door unlocked hesitantly. It creaked at its hinges as two figures shuffled inside, the one in front suspiciously resembling the stark purple hair of Minho due to the light falling in through the cracked door, but before Felix could speak a word, Seungmin switched on the lights and Hyunjin and Jisung popped the party poppers straight at the young man in front.

A loud scream followed by numerous curses filled the dorm. Someone laughed out loud and when the sparkly papers cleared off, everyone saw the very scene they had been dreading.

Minho was covered in shiny pieces of papers, leaning against the wall with wide eyes and holding his chest in shock while Jeongin was giggling his ass off at the poor dancer's state. The austere silence was broken by Chan and Changbin's laugh, followed by Seungmin while Felix was transfixed on the elder dancer in front of him.

The shimmery piece of paper were scattered over Minho's purple hair and black shirt, decorating his handsome face in colorful shines. His shocked expression was adorable and the way he quickly started glaring at the dumb duo in front of him was hilarious and attractive.

Ok Ok, simping time over...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY INNIE" the shouts must have startled the entire building out of their residence, but who cares?

Jeongin stepped into the living room with the biggest smile on his face and was instantly crushed in a huge group hug. Giggles and squeals filled the dorm as the members dragged the youngest over to cut the cake.

"Make a wish, make a wish..." Felix chanted, clapping his hands excitedly and slightly bouncing on his feet, making Hyunjin cackle and put his arm around the hyper boy.

Jeongin clasped his hands together and closed his eyes for a moment before blowing out the candles. Whoops and cheers followed the fox boy as he cut the cake and held up the first piece.

"Ok, the first bite to our leader Channie." Jeongin spoke up in a slightly shaky voice which made everyone realize that the boy was more touched by their gesture than he was letting on. His eyes were sparkling from unshed tears and his voice was wobbly, but he still smiled the biggest smile he could muster and turned towards the older Aussie.

"Thank you, hyung, for always being patient with me throughout the years as I improved, for always staying by my side through every problem and for always believing in me. You are an annoying older brother, but you are the best annoying older brother in the entire damn world. Another year I have spent with you and another year I have lived, knowing that you are beside me as my brother, my confidence and my inspiration. I love you a lot, hyungie, you are the warmest person to exist ever" and to salt-down his emotional words, Jeongin stuffed the cake in Chan's mouth to avoid more emotional breakdowns, making everyone laughed out shakily.

His sweet touching words followed by his rough tsundere actions were the proof that Jeongin was definitely taking after Minho and that realization made Felix's eyes widen in horror.

Oh bugger...

He gulped as he saw the maknae advancing towards Minho with his second piece of cake, a sinister smile on his face that matched the crazed look in the elder dancer's eyes.

Damn, the maknae must have emptied his wallet.....