Chapter 30.

Third Person POV (Minho)

They say 'Attraction is only intense when mystery is involved'.

Minho never paid much attention to it, he was not the kind to get attracted anyways. His entire life, Minho had felt that those emotions just weren't for him, to feel any kind of love or lust for someone in that way. Of course, he loved people around him, but falling in love? That was a tricky equation.

And yet, as his eyes locked on his two dongsaengs on the couch, a flare of heat spiraled through his body. His thoughts buffered for a moment before taking a completely south route.

They were definitely a mystery.... And he was attracted as hell....

"You two getting nasty in the practice room? Really?" he tried to sound as nonchalant as possible, even though his nerves were flayed and his mind was filled with mental images of things he shouldn't be thinking about.

His words seemed to have physically hit them as they jerked apart.

"Don't be ridiculous! It was nothing." Hyunjin burst out as the two scrambled away from each other.

Felix gracefully slipped off the couch in his haste to get off from Hyunjin, and hit the ground with a soft thud. The former grasped his phone defensively and sat up in a fetal position, pulling up his knees to his chest.

Minho watched the two with utmost curiosity. It was clear they had been doing something, but he wasn't sure what. Its not like two male just end up in that position with no damn reason and then break apart looking that guilty over it.

Felix's cheeks were red to the point of camouflaging his pretty freckles, while Hyunjin was avoiding his eyes and running a hand through his hair. It brought him some weird kind of feeling, watching them like that, like he was impressed and not pleased at the same time, like he was fascinated and envious of whatever was between them.

Minho tilted his head thoughtfully and studied his two flustered dongsaengs. For once, he was truly speechless and blank with his outtake on the situation in front of him.

One of his immaculately charming qualities was his capability of reading people. He was a great observer, someone who was clever enough to scrutinize people and measure their character and actions. That was the only reason he made it through everyone's company, even if he didn't like it. He was an expert in molding himself to suit people's taste.

Like, he was an annoying bug to Chan because he knew the elder liked to take care of him. He knew that Chan was the type to find his actions amusing and endearing, so he gave him the satisfaction of being his problematic child along with Changbin.

Similarly, with Changbin, he was a clown and very open. The two were practically the same, quiet and observing in reality but troublesome and menace in front of camera. Changbin was one of his partners in crime and their main goal was to annoy Chan and the maknaes. But, together, the two were very reliant on each other. Jeongin joked that they were the type to exchange notes on what they discern in people, but it was true. They did discuss it when they were alone, but that was for behind the curtains. In front of everyone, they were just maleficent clowns.

He was the closest to Jisung. There was no reason, he just was.
People don't have reasons for being best friends, and the two of them just were. There was an underlying understanding between them, their bond was the type where they could complete each other's sentences.
All in all, they were soulmates, in one word, and Minho would never change that.

Seungmin will forever be his 'supposed' nemesis. They didn't fight, never had actually, but their bickerings were always lethal to people who weren't used to their humor and words. He liked it, the joking but comfortable aura around them. Afterall, what friends are you, if you cannot jab a few remarks each other's way and still cuddle to sleep?