• Chapter Fourty-nine •

Start from the beginning

"We had to remove the fetus."

"Jungkook signed those papers."

"He wanted you safe."

"You're dying because of your husband and so is your baby."

My steps come to an abrupt halt. I let out a scream, having no one around me. I scream and cry. People passing by throws looks at me. Some with pity and some are just confused. The pain feels like a countless needles being crippled in my veins. I hold onto my hairs, I pull at them. The memories I cherish becomes a haunting dream. The smiles becomes a dreadful scene.

I fall to my knees and cry more. Hearing all the voices in my brain. They hurt, they haunt and they are disturbing but I try to listen them. They tell me all the stories of my life. I come across many awful memories but then I come across those times when I felt truly happy and Jungkook is a part of them. He is the reason behind them. The knot forms tight in my chest as I choke on my sobs and clutch my mouth. Silencing my cries.

We grow old as we live. We see and experience many things. Some are bad and some are good. We grief over sadness but we feel happiness too. Life has its mechanism and here, nothing is permanent. Whatever happens, with or without reason doesn't really matter. What matters is life doesn't stop,it goes on and that sometimes feel cruel.

I don't remember for how long I cry but then I get back on my feets. I wander around the street. I see mother's with their kids. A baby catches my attention as he cries in his baby car. The woman beside him I assume his mother, rummage through the bag. She is cooing at him. She is telling him to stop crying in a most lovable way. I don't hesitate as I walk towards them. I take the baby out of his baby car and rock him in my arms as I pass a smile to his mother. "Thank you. He gets cranky when he is hungry." The woman says.

I sit with her in a nearby park. Play with her son who's name is sannie. He is nine months old. I genuinely smile at him. I spend some time with them and forget everything else but as I said, nothing lasts forever. They eventually leave. "May God bless you with a really cute kid!" The lady exclaimed before leaving. I smile and thank her.

I start to walk again. Not realizing the time or place. I should go home, my brain whispers. I keep walking, despite the throbbing pain in my legs. Suddenly, my eyes snaps towards a little puppy wandering in the middle of the road. He is limping as he tries to cross the road. He is making small sounds because of the pain. My head tilts to the side as I see a car coming and then I look at the puppy. The car is going to crash the puppy.

Do something!

I hear the scream in my brain. My legs move on their own and I sprint towards the limping puppy. I scoop him in my arms and shut my eyes. The sound of tires screeching echoes and I wait for the car to hit me instead. Only, I feel a strong pull and suddenly I'm out of the way. The driver yells curses at me but I don't pay any attention.

I saved the puppy.

A small smile tugs at my lips as I stare at the small puppy in my arms. "Are you okay miss?" A voice asks and I look up to see the man who probably pulled me. "Y-yeah.. thank you.." he smiles before leaving. "Aww you little.. what happened to you?" I check the puppy and realize that it's injured in the leg. He is whimpering in my hold but his eyes. They are so cute. Suddenly I remember Sarah unnie and get the idea. "We are going to make your leg better." I mumbled as booped the puppy's nose.

The next thing I do is taking a taxi towards Sarah unnie's animal shelter. Thank goodness I had some money in my sweatpants. The moment I enter in the animal shelter, Sarah pulls me in a hug. "Its been forever! Where have you been?" She asked as I shrugged. "Oh! I have a little guest for you." I pass the puppy to her. "Oh my God, what happened to him?" She examines the puppy. "I don't know... it has a cut on his leg. Can't walk." I muttered. "Lemme check on him, eh?" I nod at her.