• Chapter Thirty-Five •

JUNGKOOK'S POV ::

"Kook, I found out about y/n's family!" I clenched my hand around my phone as I heard Hoseok hyung. "Who? Who are they?" I asked. "I'll tell you once I reach the hospital. I'm on my way already." He muttered before hanging up. I stared at the blank screen of my phone as Hoseok hyung's words rang inside my brain. He found out about y/n's parents while she is going through the surgery. How ironic could it be?

I waited for hoseok hyung to arrive and finally saw him walking towards us. "How's y/n?" He asked as soon as he reached me. "She is going through the surgery." Taehyung replied as Hoseok hyung let out a sigh. "Let's talk." I stated while getting up from my seat. Hoseok hyung looked around before his eyes landed back to me. "Where's Jinyoung?" I knitted my brows at that. "He is at the company. Why?" I asked back. Hoseok hyung let out a sigh before. "Jinyoung is y/n's brother." He stated with a nonchalant voice while my eyes widened. "What?!" Taehyung shrinks beside me. "Yes! Kook, do you know anything about his parents?"

I blinked at his question. "They are dead." I muttered as he nodded. "Right they are dead but how did they die? You told Jinyoung to look into y/n's background and he gave you a minor information after hiding so many things." I fisted the palm of my hands feeling the anger taking over me but I kept calm. "We need to talk to him." Hoseok hyung said as I let out a sigh. "Fine. Let's go! I must ask him about the things he has been hiding!" I exclaimed and was about walk away when Taehyung held my hand. "I'm coming with you." He said as I shook my head.

"You need to be here for y/n. If not me then you must be here.. I'll take Jimin and hobi hyung with me." I stated as the guy nodded with a hum. Before I could walk outside I remembered something as I turned around and stepped towards Irene Noona. "I'll come back quickly but... just in case.. can you do one thing for me,noona?" I asked as she nodded. I pulled out a small Polaroid from my pocket which y/n handed me this morning. "After the surgery, put this beside her pillow." I muttered while handing the Polaroid. "But... what if she.." I sighed at the though and let out a painful smile. "I promised her.. even if she won't remember. I promised her so please.."

"Fine. I'll do it but you should come back quick." Irene noona said as I nodded. "I'll come back before she wakes up." I mumbled before leaving with Jimin and hoseok hyung. I called Jinyoung on his phone and found out that he is at the Jeon empires. We reached there in an hour and every moment I was getting impatient. I wanted to put end to this y/n's parents mystery. "Mr Jeon!" The receptionist exclaimed as soon as she saw me before rushing towards me. "Sir, do you need something?" She questioned as i shook my head. "Where's Lee Jinyoung?" I questioned. "Inside his cabin, sir. Should I call him?"

"No. I'll pay him a visit." She bowed down before leaving. "You need to keep calm, Jungkook. We are here to listen to him first." Hoseok hyung said as I nodded. "I'm calm." I mumbled. "We can see that for real." Jimin muttered. I let out a huff before walking inside Jinyoung's cabin. He stood up from his seat with wide eyes. "S-sir."

"Sit." I muttered while glaring at him. I leaned my arms on the table while staring down at him. "Who's y/n to you?" I asked as he blinked. "S-she is your girlfriend..I.. I am supposed to s-serve her.." he stammered as I raised my eyebrow. "Really?!" I exclaimed as he flinched. "She is your sister. No need to hide it." Hoseok hyung said from behind. Jinyoung looked down at that while I let out a sigh before pulling out my gun and pointing at him. "Spill it all Jinyoung otherwise you know what will happen. You've seen me doing it." I muttered as he took a shaky breath.

"Y/n... is my half sister.." I crooked my brows at that. "She is an illegitimate child of my mother. The result of her affair behind my father." Jinyoung started while we listened to him. "I was three when one night heard my parents fighting and found out that my mother was cheating on my father... They were constantly fighting. I was too naive to understand what was happening but my mom was pregnant.. with y/n.. My father told her to abort but she went against and.. gave birth.." he sighed. "Father despised her a lot and because of the kid he hated her even more. I didn't like the change in my family because of the child.. I wanted her out too.. I couldn't accept her as my sister.."