• Chapter Twenty-three •

Y/N'S POV ::

It's no surprise to see that the outside world is crowded today despite being still an afternoon. It's Christmas!

The streets are filled with people. The happy faces, laughter echoing around, the murmur sounds of their conversation, the whole town is decorated with the lights and there's a snow. The city is covered in snow. It's cold outside but it's so warm inside his car. I can't pay attention outside the window as I keep my attention inside the car. Jungkook is driving God knows where. His grip around the steering wheel is tight and he is letting out unsteady and heavy breath. I take a glance at him from the corner of my eyes and see his jaw clenched. I let out a sigh as I move my hand and place my palm over his hand resting on a steering wheel. He stares at me before focusing on the road.

"I know my hands are cold but relax.. breath and focus.." I said with a smile on my face. I feel him relaxing instantly at my words as he nods slowly. "Anyways, you didn't bring guards today?" I try to ease the tension in the car with a conversation. "I thought they makes you uncomfortable." He muttered as I nodded. "I'm fine as long as they don't come in my sight." I shrugged my shoulders while looking ahead. The corner of his curves up in a smile which is barely visible before he straightens his face. Guards or not i annoyingly feel safe with him. The rest of the ride is silent and he keeps driving but then it hits me.

Where the hell are we going?

I whip my head towards him as he is still focused on the road. "I'm late to ask this but.. where are we going?" I questioned with confusion written all over my face. Jungkook offers me a side glance before letting out a sigh. "You seriously sat in a mafia's car without asking him where is he taking you?" He mumbled as I let out a snort. "Jeez if it was someone else then I wouldn't have come in contact of within a six feets." I muttered as he scoffed. "I was just anyone for you at some point too, wasn't i?" He asks as I blink at his words. "What changed then?" He asked while turning to face me for a minute before turning back to drive. I blink while looking down at my lap as I play his question in my brain.

"I didn't know you back then.. now I do.." I mumbled before looking at him. "You're not just anyone now." I said as he sighed before griping the steering wheel tight again. "You are a good friend. A really good friend." I smile as he rolls his eyes. "But my question still stays tho, where the hell are we going?" I asked remembering that he just diverted the question back there. "You seriously are something." He muttered as I furrowed my brows and was ready to retort but he pulled the breaks and the car came to an halt. "We are here." I stared at him before turning around and looking outside the window.

"What the hell.." I muttered with wide eyes before stepping out from the car along with Jungkook. "Ice skating arena?" I looked at him as he nodded before throwing his car keys to the guard. "A scratch on my car will cost fewer scratches on you. Take care." He gritted out to the guard who nodded. I noticed the poor man shaking under Jungkook's gaze as I shook my head. "You're scaring him big guy!" I nudged but he won't pay attention. "Let's go in!" Jungkook exclaimed while walking inside. I stuffed my hands inside my coat before following him behind. I was looking around while Jungkook was talking with a staff. I couldn't help but stare at biggie. He is stuffed in a black turtle neck shirt with black slacks and a long black coat covering him. His black stompers suits him very well while the few strands of his long hairs are falling over his forehead. Anyone who is talking with him has this glint of fear in their eyes and I couldn't blame them when the man looks so intimidating.

I turn around and examine the huge ice rink. It's filled with children's and couples. I didn't know people do ice skating on Christmas. However the rink is still empty. "You have to wear these." I nearly startled at the voice behind me. "You scared me!" I place my hand on my heart while breathing as Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. "I.. okay.." I whispered before sitting on a bench and started to put on the skates. I was still fumbling with mine when Jungkook stood up being done with his. I looked up at him and gave him a smile as he shook his head. "You're wearing them wrong! Wild cat!" He exclaimed as I pouted. "I've never done this." I mumbled with a sigh. Suddenly Jungkook was on his knees as my eyes widened. He removed my skates as my breath hitched. "W-what are you d-doing?"