• Chapter Thirteen •

JUNGKOOK'S POV ::

"The goons were sent by Han Jisung." Jinyoung, my assistant said as I shoot him a look. "You told me that before." I mumbled as I continued typing on my laptop. He sighed while crossing his hands as I narrowed my eyes at him. "They were there to kill miss y/n and they are still behind her." My fingers stopped moving on the keyboard as I looked at him. Jinyoung was looking down as the shiver ran down my spine. "Do I need to pay visit to him?" I questioned while rubbing my face. "We can handle it sir. You need to keep an eye on miss y/n." I nodded at him as he left.

Thank goodness that i forced her to take those bodyguards with her. I was being protective of y/n and was still unknown of the reason. I closed my eyes as her smile, her eyes , her laughs, her face flashed in front of me. I heaved out a sigh while trying to focus on my work. The day was going well until the clock struck to 7:00pm, I was in a middle of a meeting and I remembered something. Y/n gets off her work at this time. I sighed and excused myself before calling her driver which I hired today. "Sir?" He picked up my call in one go. "Did you pick her up?" I questioned but heard a complete silence in response. Something creep inside of me as my brows furrowed. "What happened? Whats wrong? Where is y/n?" My senses got alert as I got up from my seat in haste. "She.. sir... miss y/n... we.. we lost her.." My breath got stuck in my chest as I gulped down. "What are you talking?! I left her on your responsibility!" I snarled feeling the anger rushing inside my blood. All I heard was a pathetic 'Sorry.'

"Where is she?!" I growled. "We are trying to find sir... she might be around here." I hung up the phone. "Dammit!" I exclaimed as I made my way outside the conference room. Long forgotten the meeting. "Mr jeon! Sir! The meet-" I glared at my secretary who gave me a look of panick. "I do not care." I gritted out before making my way out. Something inside me burned so bad. My heart wasn't at ease at all.

I warned her. I told her not to leave bodyguards. I bought her with me so she can be safe and yet she decided to put this stunt. I accelerated my car while my other hand dialed y/n's bodyguards number. He picked up right after one ring. "Sir!" He exclaimed as I gripped the steering wheel tighter. "You had one job John! You fucking bastard! If I don't find her safe then I'm shooting you by my own gun!" I growled in my phone. Another pathetic sorry was heard. I hate that word. First you make a mistake and then you say sorry as if it will recover anything.

"Hang up the phone and try to find her you dumbshit!!" I shouted as he hung up. I continued driving until I finally reached the restaurant where y/n works. It was already closed. Getting off my car I walked towards the restaurant to examine the place. My eyes sharply followed the whole area which was actually filled with people and then they landed on the particular wall of the restaurant. My eyes softened as my fingertips grazed upon the paint that was stick to the wall. Someone has drawn a lots of doodles on it. The whole doodle reminded me of her but something confused me a lot. There were lots of smiley faces. Why would y/n draw the smiley faces?

"Excuse me?" I turned around after hearing that voice which belonged to the old lady. Behind her stood her husband. "Do you need something?" The elderly man asked. I eyed both of them. If my research is correct then they are the owner of this restaurant and y/n is hella close to them. "I was looking for someone.." I mumbled as the lady stepped forward. "Who?" She raised her one eyebrow as I sighed. "Lee y/n. She works here." Both of them eyed be up and down. Only then I realized my appearance. I must be look like a trouble. Well, that's actually is true. I left my blazer at the office which leaves me only with my shirt whose sleeves are folded till my elbow and my tattoos are on display. My hairs are a mess. I know because I've brushed my fingers through them a lot today.

"Why are you looking for her? And who are you?" The man asked with protectiveness lacing his voice. I sighed while looking away. "I'm jeon Jungkook. Y/n's... friend.. I actually came to pick her up but could not find her here.." Was i really friend? Is it why I care? Is it why she matters?