• Chapter Fourty-eight •

Y/N'S POV ::

The poetic meaning of home can be described as a person. It's easy to call someone your home when they make you feel like one but the question arises when they leave. Should you be homeless? Lost? I didn't know but I was sure that if I leave then I won't be the only one feeling lost and losing home. Truth to be told, I couldn't blame him fully even if I wanted to. A part of my heart has always been aware of how much he loves me. How many things he makes me feel and I couldn't ignore it. Jungkook is the part of me and without him, I'll be dammed.

The ride to the mansion was awfully silent. I was sitting in backseat while he was driving. Jungkook did keep checking up on me from the rear mirror but my eyes were fixed outside the window. I kept counting in my brain to not focus on anything else and few moments later the car came to the halt. My eyes moved up as I took in the big building. I was once astonished by the beauty it held but now realize that this building was only building unless we both shared love and created a home out of it.

The door of the car was opened as Jungkook stood before me, offering me his hand. I looked away and opened the opposite door to get myself out. As I stepped out of the vehicle,I let out a groan. The stitches on my abdomen were burning. I wasn't allowed to stand or walk for too long. I didn't know why  but I just couldn't have him close to me. I stared up and start walking towards the main door while he stands behind me. Just after few steps I felt the dizziness taking over me as a sharp pain strikes in my abdomen again. The familiar pair of arms were quick enough to hold me. My eyes were staring into his as his arm slipped under my waist. Jungkook was not staring at me. He was glaring in my eyes.

"I told you that I can take care of myself." I muttered. "And I heard it very clearly." I let out a squeal as he suddenly scooped me up in his arms. "What-" "Shut up." He snapped causing me to clamp my mouth shut. The close proximity of our bodies was a comfort for my burning soul. He didn't look at me but my stupid gaze was fixed on his face.

Just how much am I hurting us both?

The thought strikes my brain. Its a complete silence until his steps halt. "Welcome Mrs Jeon." I force myself to look away from him as I stare at the elder lady in front of us with whole staff. The blood rushes to my cheeks as I realize that I'm still settled in his arms. "This is mari, our new maid." Jungkook muttered. I couldn't believe that saera lost her life while saving mine. Another scar to my already scarred heart. "Bring some water and fruits in our bedroom." Jungkook stated before moving upstairs. My grip around his neck tightened as I snuggled deep in his chest. The house was bringing back those memories. The blood, that voice of mine and that whisper.

Papa will protect you.

I shut my eyes, feeling Jungkook stiffening under my touch. He carefully places me on the our bed before letting out a sigh. "Do you need something?" Jungkook questioned not meeting my eyes. "Nothing." I muttered. He was still close to me as his eyes were fixed somewhere between our bodies. My orbs followed his gaze which landed on my hand clutching on his sleeves. I quickly retard my hand from him. I looked away while he stepped back. Maria stepped in a seconds later with a tray in her hands. Jungkook gestured her to place it and leave.

The big guy was pouring water for me while my eyes were stuck at nothing in particular. "I told you that I can take care of myself. Just leave." I muttered. Deaf to my words he continued his actions until he placed the tablet in front of my face. "I know you can take care of yourself but that doesn't mean that I can't help you doing it." He stated motioning me to take the meds. "You-" my words died my throat as he shoved the tablet in my mouth and later handing me the glass of water. "What the hell?!" I shrink while he nonchalantly passed me the plate filled with fruits. "I'll leave if you actually take care of yourself, Sweetheart. Make me sure of that. Give me the assurance that you can take care of yourself."