• Chapter thirty- nine •

Y/N'S POV ::

Jen left after three days saying that Ken has some work as he is finally a successful lawyer. I was watering the plants in the balcony while Jungkook is sleeping. Its evening as my eyes averted to the sky and a specific conversation with Jen flashes through my brain.

Flashback | One day ago ::

We were sitting in the cafe. Just me and her as we were catching up on everything. "I can't believe you married him." Jen stated as I looked up at her with a frown on my face. "What do you mean?" I asked as she let out a sigh. "Jungkook is a mafia, y/n." She stated as I pressed my lips together at her words. "So?" I asked as she shook her head before holding my hand and looking at me as she spoke further. "He can't be your safe place, y/n. If anything then he will only bring further troubles for you." I moved my away my hand from her grip as she blinked.

"You're talking about my husband. The person who is the reason that you're with Ken right now." I muttered. "I know and for that I'm always grateful! But the thing is... as a mafia he must have a lots of enemies who would be thrilled to hurt him. God forbade if one of his enemy tried to hurt you just to get back at him." I blinked at her as she continued. "You told me what happened at your wedding ceremony. You would've been injured very badly, y/n."

"He protected me." I cut in. "He protected me while not caring about himself. If someone tries to hurt me then he can protect me." I stated. Jen shook her head as she nibbled on her lips. "What if one day he won't be able to protect you?" Her question made me pause for a while. I registered what she has just asked me. "That will be the day I welcome my fate whether it's in my favor or not." I said. Jen shook her head while looking down as I blinked at her.

"You don't get it.." she muttered. "You don't like him." I mumbled as her eyes snapped towards me. "No! Its not like that! I do like him.. I'm just.. worried for you.." she whispered feeling guilty at her own judgment. "Really?" I asked as she let out a hum. "I always wanted you to find someone who can love you like there is no tomorrow and Jungkook can do that but... his work.. the type of work he does.. I don't want you to get harm." I held her hand in mine before squeezing it. "I understand, Jen but trust me... he won't let anything happen to me.." I mumbled.

"I hope so. I really hope that my worries won't be for anything. I want you to lead a very happy life with him." She smiled at me as I did the same. "You're glowing." She stated as I let out a chuckle. "You don't have to worry about me. I'm fine as long as I'm with him." I stated, having her nod at me before we continued our random talks while shopping.

Whatever that comes , biggie and I will face it together.

PRESENT ::

I sighed at the memory and stared blankly in the air when I suddenly felt the very familiar pair of arms being wrapped around me. I smiled as he planted a kiss on my neck. "Did I wake you up?" I questioned while Jungkook hummed against my skin. I shivered at the sensation before turning around and facing him only to realize that he is shirtless. I try to keep my eyes on his face only because no matter what, I could never get used to of having him shirtless around me. "Slept well?" I asked as he nodded.

Jungkook won't be sleeping once we get back to Korea so I let him rest whenver he wants but having the insomnia sucks. He has trouble in sleeping as long as I'm not present with him. "You look sad.. are you thinking something, love?" I skip a beat at the new nickname while shaking my head. He helds my hand before guiding it towards his lips and planting a soft kiss on my knuckles. "Are you sure? Nothing is troubling you?" I nod at him.

How can I tell him that my own mind is troubling me?

The conversation I had with Jen is not leaving my brain not because of my own safety. I am afraid. Afraid of what if one day he leaves the house and do not comes back to me? The thought itself scares me because I can't imagine,
waking up to not see him being all clingy just for me.