• Chapter Twenty-six •

Y/N'S POV ::

My insides are dancing. I feel him. I can feel his lips moving against mine. I'm so lost that I don't realize my own actions. We kiss in sync. He moves slow, steady and tenderly but once a gasp leaves my mouth the kiss turns something hot. Jungkook's hand rests on my nape as he deepens the kiss while my arms are fisting on the fabric of his black shirt, so tight that it will leave creases on the material. We move close as our legs are still dipped in water beneath us. His fingers are in my hair as he tucks them and I moan out. Kissing Jungkook feels like I've came to life after being dead for ages. He doesn't only kiss me but he is tasting me.

I'm certain that I'm smelling less of me and more like him at this point but I don't care. His lips tastes sour and sweet at the same time. I can feel the bitter taste of the beer he has been sipping a while ago. Our tongues collide as if they were waiting for this moment since ages. The moon is full and the light is illuminating on us. I forget who he is. I forget who I am. I forget where are we and what are we doing. I forget the things we are doing are good or bad. All I know is he feels like a heaven masked in hell and I'm the sinner. The fireworks burst into the air but it doesn't reach any of us as we get lost in our own world. My fingers are in his hair now and I'm pulling him close while he is doing the same.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

I hear the faint voices of people. It's a new year finally. The fireworks are still going on and I flinch. Suddenly, something snaps so hard deep inside that I pull away with wide eyes as if I'll receive electric shock when I touch him. I stare blankly in the air before my gaze drops to Jungkook who is as blank as me.

What did I do?

What did we do?

Why?

This shouldn't have happen.

His lips are swollen and shinning with his and mine saliva. He has my saliva along with his on his lips. I shake my head slowly. Not being able to believe what I just did. Another cracker is bursting and I look up at the sky. It's full of fireworks. I shudder as i shake my head and stand up. Jungkook follows instantly while I look up for my sandals and grab them in my hand. "Y/n-"

I don't give him time to speak and I'm running. Running away. From him. From us. From the stupid kiss that happened.

I kissed.

Jungkook.

On the new year.

My heart thumps against my chest so loud that I'm confused I'm dead or not and if not , then why? I rush towards the corner as I take deep breathes. My palm rests on my chest and I feel the vibration of my heart. I close my eyes and the scene of him and I kissing appears. His lips on mine. My hands on him. His fingers grazing my cheeks. I can still feel him. I can still feel his lips moving against mine. I was never supposed to do this. I'm not meant for this. I open my eyes and steady myself while wearing my heels. I have to go back in the party, I can't leave everyone hanging like that. So I inhale a deep breath, put on a smile and walk towards everyone.

"Happy new year, y/n!" Irene unnie is the first one to wish me as she pulls me in a hug. "Happy new year!" I exclaimed with a smile. She stares at me with narrowed eyes as I look away. "You okay? You look..." "I'm fine!" I cut her off as she nodded. Nina is the second to wish me and we hug each other. "Happy new year, Princess!" Taehyung pulls me in a hug as I smile at him. "Hey.. you.. you smell.." My eyes widens at his unfinished sentence.

Like him. I smell like him. His cologne.

"I have to wish others too!" I run away from him. My eyes moves from everyone and lands to Jungkook who is already staring at me. My cheeks heat up as I look away shutting my eyes.