• Chapter Twelve •

JUNGKOOK'S POV ::

I had my men watching out her actions so it was obvious that they informed me when someone barged into her apartment. I paid no heed to the work I was doing and I went towards her apartment. I did not even know for how long I was holding my breath but once I reached there and shot those men I breathed out in relief. The tightness in my chest loosened. If I was even a bit late to reach there then I would've met with her dead body. A cold shiver ran down my spine at that thought.

I sighed as I took a glance at y/n who was sitting beside me in my car. I was driving today. She was quiet which I actually did not expected. She was not even shocked or traumatized or maybe she was just keeping it inside. Infact I saw more shock in her eyes when I asked her to come with me than when those mobs attacked on her. I will get the information about who sent them soon but I already know who it was. I grip the steering wheel tight as I clenched my jaw. This feeling inside me is familiar and I should not feel it.

The ride towards my house was silent as I finally parked my car inside the parking lot and y/n looked outside. I stepped out and held the door for her to get out. "Uhmm are you sure we are at the right place?" She questioned while pointing at the massive building behind me as I rolled my eyes. "Are you sure you're not traumatized and are in a right state of your mind?" I questioned back. She glared at me with a pout on her lips. "I am fine! Thanks for asking!" She exclaimed while attempting to step out but her legs weren't working properly and she clutched my shirt as she was about to fall. I looked down at her in her eyes. She passed me a smile before collecting herself and straightening her posture. I sighed as she stepped away from me and the cold air hit my body. Suddenly feeling her warmth.

As we were taking steps towards the front door. I couldn't help but notice how her already doe eyes were getting bigger and bigger. Few gasps leaving her mouth here and there. "Wow! Thats beautiful!" She pointed at the water fountain as i nodded. The excitement in her eyes told me that she was trying to be fine. My blood was burning as I was staring at the bruises around her neck. "Let's go in." I mumbled and walked forward as she followed me like a lost puppy. The servants bowed before leaving as I heaved out a breath. We were standing in a hall room as y/n was looking around the house. "Did you grow up here?" She asked not facing me as I stared at her. Not knowing what to say. "Nope." She turned to face me at my response.

Before she could ask anything more I cleared my throat before speaking. "The kitchen is this way if you want to eat anything. You'll be staying in the guest room which is upstairs. This is hall room and beside this one there is a living room where you'll find TV. You've seen the garden but I would suggest you to stay inside." She nodded with a tight smile at me. "And.. there's my office on second floor, no one is allowed there including you. I have a small library if you'd like to read.." she nodded yet again. I was done speaking so I cleared my throat again. "Its past midnight, you should sleep. Call m-" I stopped and shook my head as she raised her eyebrows. "Good night, wild cat!" I exclaimed and left.

A groan left my lips as soon as I reached my room and closed the door behind me. Why did I let her come here? My brain was fucking with me as I kept hitting the back of my head on the wall. I huffed and made my towards the bathroom. After taking a cold shower for almost thirty minutes I stepped out in my sweatpants and t-shirt. Plopping down on the couch I grabbed my laptop and started working but again I remembered that y/n was here. In my house. I kept tapping my leg against the floor while nibbling on my lower lip. A voice in my head was screaming at me to go and check up on her but another voice said that I don't care.

I tried focusing on my work instead and it was nearly 3:00am when I suddenly opened my eyes feeling the pain in my neck. I looked around and realized that I fell asleep on the couch while working. Sighing deeply I closed my laptop and blinked few times before giving in my temptation. I made my towards her room. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I gulped before pushing open the door of her room only to see her bed empty. My eyes roamed around and landed on her figure laying on a couch. I sighed as I stepped in. I looked at the pain killers I sent for her and I was satisfied to know that she ate them. I unconsciously stared at her face. Her eyes closed and lips in a light pout while her chest kept rising up and down in a rhythm. She looked so calm like this that it was impossible to think that she can be so chaotic while awake. My eyes moved towards her bare leg as I forced myself to look away. She wasn't mine to stare at all.