• Chapter Twenty •

Y/N'S POV ::

"I wonder why are you smiling so much while cooking." Saera the head maid said as she watched making breakfast. Early in the morning that too. Its rare for me to cook and wake up this early. "I'm just.... in a good mood." I shrugged as she nodded. "Do you always cook when you're in a good mood? Because you're always in a good mood." She said as I twisted my lips. "What makes you think that I'm always in a good mood?" I questioned while pouring the pancake batter on the pan. "You're always smiling wide. You carry this unique shine with you. Might sound cheesy but I believe you can make change anyone's darker world shine with just being there." My movements halted at her words as I still attempted a smile.

"You think so?" I asked and got a hum in a response. "Don't you think I smile too much?" I asked as she game a look. "Oh cummon! You've got such gorgeous smile and trust me I love seeing you smile everyday. Its good to have you here. I look forward coming here for work everyday because of you!" I let out a chuckle at her words. "Why? Didn't biggie treat you right?" I asked as she shook her head. I flipped the pancake and turned to face her as she was stuffing the fridge with veggies. "He barely stays home. This mansion like house used to be really empty and dead." She said as I scrunched my nose. "And now?" I asked. She sighed as she looked at me fully. "Now it has life."

Sniffing at the smell of pancakes i turned around and placed them on the plate. "I won't be here for a long time." I mumbled. "That's alright! Let the lady enjoy as long as you're here!" She patted my shoulder and left to do her other work. I smiled as I went to cut some fruits. A while later I was preparing the breakfast table when I heard the footsteps. Looking around I found Jungkook walking downstairs. All ready to go out. He was talking on the phone while fixing his watch as I took a moment to stare at him.

Yesterday was so much fun because of him and hence that's the sole reason I decided to make breakfast for him to return the favor. "Good morning!" I chirped when he hung up the call. He nodded in my direction and was about to walk away when his gaze darted towards the table. "Why aren't you eating and what are you doing this early?" He asked as I sighed. "I made breakfast for you as a thank you for yesterday and I also didn't ask you to come for meditation today." I said as he shoved his phone inside his pockets and walked towards me. "I thought you were sleeping because of yesterday.." he mumbled as I shook my head. "Trust me! I really wanted to sleep but I felt the need to return your favor!" I shrugged my shoulders.

"You know I was just being nice." He said as I rolled my eyes. "Shut it biggie! And eat your breakfast." I gestured towards the table as he shook his head. "I don't eat this much in the morning. A cup of coffee is fine but you're a little devil to not allow the coffee!" He twisted his lips as I glared at him. "Besides, there's a urgent meeting today so I need to go!" He exclaimed. "What about breakfast?" I asked feeling somewhat sad that he will leave without eating the food that I made. "Do you even know how to cook?" He asked in a mocking tone. "I work in a restaurant dude." I looked away as he hummed in response.

I looked down expecting him to leave immediately but instead he pulled out his phone before dialing someone's number. "Tell the party that I'll be little late for the meeting. Yes I know. I'll be there." My eyes widened when he took a seat at breakfast table. "What about your meeting?" I asked. "I don't like wasting food and I could've ate later but I don't like left over as well." He said without looking at me. "I don't eat pancakes,wild cat." He mumbled while pouring a glass of milk for himself. In no time saera showed up as she served him his breakfast. I watched as Jungkook took a bite of his omelet that I made. "Do you cook at the restaurant?" He asked. "Nope. I'm more like a waitress." I said as he nodded. "Thats what I thought. I mean you aren't a good enough to be a cook." I scoffed at his words but ignoring them at same.

"Why do you work at restaurant when you have degrees?" He questioned as I stopped cutting in my pancake. "I like working there.." I mumbled not finding right words to tell him. "Doesn't sounds convincing enough tho." He mumbled as I looked at him. "Not my problem." I smiled and continued to eat. Jungkook left after eating his breakfast and I went to my work as usual.