Jiang Tang had a headache, she frowned and closed her eyes again.

She hasn’t been sleeping well lately. These days, she had to make all the arrangements by herself. When she was busy, she didn’t feel anything, but now she has time to relax, the exhaustion finally hit her. Every time she closed her eyes, all she saw was the picture of the car accident on that day.

Jiang Tang blamed herself. If she didn’t have that ridiculous compassion, tragedy may not happen, or she could be a little smarter and more alert.

“You go back first. I want to sleep for a while.” Jiang Tang didn’t look at him, turned her body sideways, and lied down silently. 

Lin Suizhou’s pupils were deep, and his figure did not move: “Let me tell you a story that happened to me.”

Jiang Tang was not interested: “If it is about a fable story, let’s forget it. I don’t need to be enlightened.”

“Listen to me first.”

Because he was too stubborn, Jiang Tang had no choice but remained silent.

In the next second, the man’s voice lingered to her ears: “When I was 16, I participated in a fundraising activity. The donor I chose was from the countryside, a 30 years old man. His legs were disabled due to an accident. He was taken care of by his uncle and aunt-in-law. But they both also have varying degrees of disability, and their lives were very miserable.”

“I sent them a portion of my allowance money every month, but one day, the man and his uncle died of a drug overdose.” When he said these words, there was a trace of obvious irony in Lin Suizhou’s tone. 

“Then guess what?”

Jiang Tang turned to look at him.

He continued: “His aunt took me to court. She said that I was responsible for her husband and her nephew’s death. Without my money, they would not have taken the drugs and died from an overdose. It’s all because of me.”

Jiang Tang was shocked when she heard that.

Lin Suizhou lowered his eyes: “Did I kill them? No. Did I buy them drugs? No. Did I encourage them to take drugs? Also no. Because of my good intentions, they put all the blame on me. In the same way, I gave money to grandma, because you want to help her, want Ouyang to have enough food to eat and warm clothes to wear. You have no intention of murder nor you can predict the consequences. Why do you have to feel guilty and can’t stop blaming yourself?”

“You didn’t kill her or you caused the car accident. Even Ouyang understood this fact, why don’t you get it?”

Jiang Tang’s mouth trembled slightly: “If….If I say I knew she would die?”

“Still it has nothing to do with you.” Lin Suizhou’s eyes were cold, “Perhaps these words are a bit cold-blooded, but you are not God, you can’t save everyone from disaster. Even if you know that the car accident will happen, you don’t have an obligation to sacrifice yourself to save her. To save her is your righteousness and your kindness, but it’s her fate if you can’t save her. What does it have to do with you?”

“But if….” Jiang Tang’s eyes were already red. She bit the tip of her tongue, “If….what if one day you know you will die? Not only you, but including Chu Yi, Liangshen, Liangqian, and me. If we all are going to die, will you still be able to look coldly from the side-lines?”

Lin Suizhou lowered his eyes, his voice was calm and determined: “That day will never come.”

As long as he is alive, there won’t be such a day.