Last Minute

The squad got geared up and got their mics on. They were ready to get Ices name cleared.

Since fanboy was the best with Anne, he stayed behind with her to keep her safe.

Maverick grabbed Ices arm. "Ice... you need to stay back. You are not even recovered full yet..." he said.

Ice looked at him. Maverick looked at him seriously. He saw the bruise by Ices eyes. Ice looked at him and sighed.

He turned his head and glanced over at his daughter. "Fine..." Maverick let go of his arm.

"Thank you Tom..." Mav said. Ice looked at him and sighed. "Just come back in one piece... okay?"

Maverick nodded and rubbed his cheek slightly but then walked out, motioning everyone to follow him.

Ice stood there and just put his gun on the table and sat next to his daughter. He winced and sighed as he relaxed into the couch.

Anne sat next to him and looked at him. "Rest papa..."

He kissed her head and nodded. "Alright..."

Maverick headed out with the crew in his vehicle. The car ride was silent.

Rooster glanced at Maverick and saw a serious look on his face. Rooster just patted his back and sighed.

"He's going to be fine. This will all be a success." Rooster said as Maverick pulled onto the highway.

"I know.... But I'm not only worried about him." He sighed and tapped the wheel. All of them looked at him a bit confused.

"Im worried about you all... I'm worried about you guys getting your identities revealed, or... simply losing your lives." Maverick said as he stopped tapping it. He wouldn't know what to do with his life he lost one of them.

"You all are my kids... I'm not losing any of you because someone is trying to play a dirty game.

Everyone looked at him surprised. They didn't know he cared about them like that.

Maverick kept driving forward.

They parked in front of the news station. "This recording right here, has Ice explaining himself and his innocence to the world.

Maverick was going in alone at first, and the others would be back up. They would only come in on his call.

Maverick got out of his car and was about to head up when Rooster grabbed his arm.

"Be careful Mav..." rooster said with fear in his voice. Maverick knew there was a big risk here. He pulled the kid into a hug tightly and nodded.

"Just make sure not to come in unless I signal you..." maverick said. Rooster hugged him back and nodded.

"Got it."

Maverick pulled from the hug and headed into the building. He crawled through the vents and looked for the broadcast room.

He came over the room and saw the guards that were there. They were agents of the president. He frowned and pressed a button that cut the power out to the lights but not the electronics.

The agents freaked out. Maverick jumped down into the room and started to plug the recording as chaos ensued.

Suddenly an agent saw him and kicked him into the wall. Maverick winced and pulled out his gun.

He shot the agent. The moment he did that, everyone else knew exactly what was happening.

He started fighting about 6 more agents. He was hit and slammed to the ground. He cringed but took them all down one by one.

He stood up slowly as his knuckles were bruised. He held his head and just leaned against the table.

He finally plugged the recording into the broadcasting System an blasted it all around D.C.

He sat down and held his head as he took a breather. He was so tired and every part of his body hurt.

He then looked up and saw the video of ice defending himself on the screen. He just leaned against the desk.

His eyes started to close as he felt blood come down from his head. Suddenly agents rushed into the room with guns pointed at him.

He just raised his hands. They arrested him and dragged him down the hall. He just went with them and complied .

Outside rooster saw this and panicked. Hangman held him back as they saw Maverick loaded into a black car

"He's going to the White House." Phoenix said as she looked at the two. Rooster was about to protest something when suddenly his phone rang.

Rooster answered. "Hello?"

"It's Ice. Come pick me up." He said very darkly. Rooster was surprised.

"You know he was taken?" Rooster said rather surprised.

"Yes. It's what happens in this line of business. But thankfully I have a trump card prepared." Ice then hung up.

Rooster looked at the group. "We're going to get Ice and head to the White House."

Maverick stood in the Oval Office cuffed. He suddenly heard the door open. "You really... really don't know when to stop..." an angry woman's voice said.

Maverick met the gaze of the president. She stood there enraged.

"Just can't take a step back huh?" She said throwing her file on the desk. She turned and leaned against her desk.

She looked at her secret service agent. "Kill him." Mavericks eyes widened at that.

That's not what he was expecting.

"I'm tired of waiting for you two to get taken out by someone... so, why not by me?". She waved her hand and turned to look out the window.

A gun was placed on the back of Mavericks head been suddenly the door to her office opened.

"Madam President! The director is here!" The message boy said. She turned towards him and then raised her hand to her secret service to stop.

Maverick took a sharp breath as he stared at the ground. She glanced at him and then the boy.

"Bring him in here." She said as she took her coat off. She walked towards Maverick and knelt down in front of him.

"He truly is your guardian Angel, hm?"