12 Hours

Maverick couldn't believe it.

They took his daughter this soon.

Ice looked down as he sat down. "Agents... I ... I need my daughter." He held his head. He was so stressed.

"She is all I have left..." he said as he felt tears threatening to fall. "I... I need you all to bring her home. She's so young, and doesn't need to be wrapped up in this." He said as he looked at them in pain.

"We will bring her back sir." Phoenix said. "We promise... we will bring her home."

"We will." Rooster said. The rest of the group agreed.

"Group, get ready to go now." Maverick said as he stood. The group rushed out, leaving Maverick and Ice together.

Ice stood up and looked at Maverick. Ice teared up and turned his gaze away from Maverick. Maverick simply walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.

"I'll bring her home... I promise you that. I'll do everything to bring her back to you." Maverick said. Ice hugged him back tightly.

"I need you to come back too..." he said as he held Maverick tight. "I can't lose another person... you're the only friend I have." Ice said as he hid his head in Mavericks neck.

Maverick rubbed his head gently and nodded. "I'll come back too."

"Alive." Ice added on.

"Alive." Maverick said reassuring him.

Maverick walked into their jet as he looked at the file Ice gave him. The group was all ready.

"Mav... is Ice okay?" Rooster asked. Maverick sighed and closed his file as another agent flew them to the airport closest to their location.

"Ice is going through a lot... from losing his husband to his daughter being kidnapped, and to top it all off he has to calm and collected to lead one of the top intelligence agencies  in the world, while being a liaison to the president is stressful. He's not taking care of himself, so.... He's going to be better when we bring him his little girl." Maverick said as he passed out a copy of the mission file.

The flight was long. Everyone was asleep halfway through. Well... almost everyone.

Rooster and Hangman were both awake. Rooster stared at the wall until he glanced at Hangman.

Hangman glanced at him as well. "You alright rooster?"

Rooster nodded and just looked at him. He looked at hangman's lips but back at his eyes. Hangman noticed tilted his head slightly.

"You sure act like you're in love with me." Hangman teased.

Rooster chuckled and shook his head. "I'm not in love with anyone." Hangman did not believe  that one bit.

"Ah, sure. So, all those times I've kissed you are what?" Hangman said. Rooster stopped and looked at him.

Hangman chuckled and rolled his eyes as he thought back to when the two kissed.

Rooster just looked at him and then looked ahead as Maverick woke up in his seat as they got close to their destination.

"Wake up!" Maverick said as he geared up. Phoenix woke up almost instantly and shook Bob gently.

"We're here..." Maverick said.

The jet landed on a private air strip and everyone got off. The pilot handed them all communication devices to stay in contact with headquarters.

Maverick turned to his group as he placed his coms in. "Alright... we need to find Ices daughter. Her name is Anne... currently the enemy is trying to ransom with Ice, but he is negotiating to give us time to get in and get out with her." Maverick said.

"How long do we have to get her?" Rooster asked as he loaded his gun.

"We have 12 hours to get her. Once we get her, we get back to the jet as fast as we can, all the while trying to stay alive together. We also aren't leaving if were missing one person. They have to be either alive or confirmed dead." Maverick said.

Everyone looked at him worried. Maverick looked at them all with confidence.

"I trust you all. You all have your assignments. Stay alive, I'll see you all later." Maverick said as he motioned them all to head towards the building.

They all ran ahead except for Rooster. Maverick looked at Rooster.

"What?"

"Don't sacrifice yourself if you don't have to okay?" Rooster said. Maverick froze slightly hearing that.

"I'll... don't worry. I will be going home with you all." Maverick patted the kids back and motioned him to get going as Maverick ran in a different direction.

Rooster nodded and ran over to Hangman who was waiting for him

Rooster got their designated area and got setup. Hangman placed his sniper in the direction he wanted to point at and got ready for whatever.

Rooster just organized their supplies. Neither one said a word to each other.

Things were a bit awkward now.

Cause these two losers were crushing and didn't want to talk to each other. Hangman looked through his scope as he watched the area.

"Do you think one of us isn't going to make it?" Hangman said as he watched people walk.

Rooster looked at him surprised. "I believe we all will be alright." He said. Hangman sat up and looked at Rooster since nothing was happening

"That's what we said for the last mission." He said.

Hangman was worried. He was extremely worried. He was scared of losing Rooster on this mission.

Granted, he always was from the beginning, but now that feeling is worse.

Rooster recognized this feeling and sighed. "Hangman... you're worried about something you shouldn't be worrying about right now." He said as tried reassure him everything was going to be okay.

Hangman just rubbed his neck nervously and nodded. Rooster reached over and held his hand tightly, in a reassuring way.

Hangman looked at Rooster. "I'll be okay, you'll be okay, and so will everyone else. Now. I'm gonna go do recon, so cover me." Rooster said as he let go of his hand.

Hangman nodded and watched him head down the lower floors.

He felt okay now, and got back to watching.