Mission

3 A.M

Slider woke up. He made sure not to wake Ice as he got ready to go. He got up and got dressed into his gear.

He grabbed his backpack and pulled it on. He was about to leave when he saw a dim light turn on.

Ice sat up with his hair a mess. Slider stood up straighter as Ice walked over and dusted off his shoulders, and looked at him.

"Tried to leave without saying bye?" Ice said as he looked at him.

"I didn't want to to wake you. You have a meeting today, and when I'm back tomorrow you have another meeting..."

"It's okay." Ice said with a tired smile. He loved how considerate Slider was.

Slider just leaned forward and kissed his forehead. Then both his cheeks, and then his lips.

Ice kissed him back gently.

"Love you Tom... see you later." He said as he started to walk away.

"Love you Ron... be safe!" He said as he watched him leave out the front door. He clenched his fists and then ran out of the house and hugged him tightly.

Slider expected it and hugged him back tightly. He hid his head in Ices shoulder and kissed his neck gently and kept him close.

"I love you so much... be safe, come home, and kiss me again. Come home and tell me how successful the mission was. Okay?" Ice said tearing up.

"Yes... I promise. I will... I'll tell you every detail."

Ice pulled from the hug and looked at him. "Good..." he let him go and watched him walk over to the van that was picking him up. The rest of the squad was in there.

Maverick watched the two from the inside of the van. Everyone watched the couple and then at Maverick.

Rooster knew Maverick, but knew better than to press this and talk about the couple. Maverick knew slogger was good for him... why would he disliked their relationship?

Slider opened the door and got into the vehicle. "Morning everyone." Slider said as he wiped his eyes.

Maverick nodded and handed him a file. Slider opened it and looked over the file. "I'm following your lead in the strike..." slider said. He nodded as as he closed it and placed it in front of him.

"Can you do it?" Maverick asked him.

Slider nodded. "Of course... that's why I'm here."

The group got to the jet and loaded up. Rooster and Hangman sat next to each other. "How are you feeling today?" Hangman asked Rooster.

Rooster looked at him and chuckled tiredly. "Better... less stressed today. Just went to get this mission over and done with smoothly."

Hangman nodded. "Same here..." rooster sighed and looked at Hangman slightly.

"Wanna get coffee with me again when we get back?" Rooster asked him. Hangman looked at him with a smirk.

"Is this the second date you said would never happen?" He said with a winning smirk. Rooster rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Not a date."

Maverick sat next to Slider. Slider looked deep in thought, and Maverick noticed. Maverick extended his hand over to him.

Slider just held his hand and sighed. "You're gonna be alright, Ron." Maverick said reassuring his friend. Slider nodded and let go of Mavericks hand after he calmed down.

Maverick noticed he wasn't wearing his watch. He looked out the front of the jet as clouds flew past them.

"You're not wearing your watch?"
Maverick asked. Slider shook his head. "Nah..."

"How come?"

"Someone who's going to stress about me not being home needs it more than I do."

Maverick nodded. The two sat in silence. Maverick was going to say something but was interrupted by Slider.

"Thank care of him for me if something happens... okay? I know it's unlikely that anything will happen to me, but just take care of him and Anne..." Slider said.

Maverick looked at him. "You're gonna be fine Ron... stop being so paranoid."

"I know I will, but I'm just covering all the bases." Slider said.

Maverick sighed and nodded as he looked out the window. "I will do my best... I promise."

"Thank you."

The jet landed at a secret air strip. The group got out. "Alright. Everyone, you all got your jobs. Once again, we are breaking into a Gala... the world leader is in there with other dignitaries." Maverick said as he adjusted his tie.

Everyone had gotten dressed in the jet. Slider nodded and placed his gun into his jacket. "Any guards?" He asked.

"No. He doesn't believe he needs guards all up on him." Phoenix said as they walked up to the entrance.

"Got it. Everyone get to your places. We're gonna strike towards the end of the party, so, enjoy yourself." Maverick said as he walked with Slider.

Everyone had a cover.

Phoenix and Bob were pretending to be a married couple.

Hangman and Rooster were a couple (Maverick may of had a part to play in everyone's covers)

The trio weren't gonna be on the ground so they were good.

Hangman sat with Rooster at the bar. The two sipped on some drinks as they watched the party. "Why are you taking me out for coffee..." Hangman asked.

Rooster lowered his drink and glanced at Hangman. "Well..." he cleared his throat.

"I want to get to know you." Rooster said as he met Hangman's gaze. Hangman chuckled and sighed.

"Is that so?" Hangman asked. He thought back to when they kissed. He shook the thought away. Rooster was also thinking about the same.

"Yeah..." he said. He kept his gaze on Hangman. Rooster looked at Hangman's lips but stopped himself. Hangman knew exactly what Rooster was looking at.

Hangman chuckled and stood up. "Well..." he took the rest of his drink and sighed. "I'm going to dance, come with me?"

"I don't know how to dance.." rooster said. Hangman extended a hand to him.

"Let me teach you, I'm great at dancing."