Return Home

Rooster went to the arrival bay to wait for Hangman. He has been on missions for the past week and a half.

He knew why, especially after his conversation with Phoenix about feelings.

He knew Hangman liked him, and he liked hangman but he was not going to get into a relationship that could put his life in danger.

The bus pulled up to the dock. Agents started coming off the bus. Rooster searched through the crowd until he saw Hangman walking off the bus looking at his phone.

Hangman didn't notice Rooster. Rooster chuckled and flicked hangman's head. "Who the fuc- Rooster?"

Hangman was surprised to see rooster. "Hey... haven't heard from you. Been kinda worried, so I thought I'd come see you."

Hangman chuckled and sighed. "Interesting." He said as he started to walk ahead of him.

"Are you mad at me?" Rooster said as he walked next to Hangman. "What gave you the impression?"

Rooster rolled his eyes. "The messages that never got a response, the ignored phone calls to see if you're alive and Phoenix telling me you're frustrated with me." He said.

Hangman sighed and stopped walking which caused rooster to stop. Hangman turned and looked at him. "I am a bit frustrated with you."

Rooster looked at him.

"Why.."

Hangman chuckled and walked down the hall to his room and unlocked it. "You're so stupid..."

He tried to close the door but rooster stopped it just barely. "I know why you're mad... but I want you to tell me, or I won't believe a word Phoenix told me." Rooster said.

Hangman just threw his backpack onto his couch. "I'm pissed  by with the fact that you act like every one of those moments we have had means nothing... and that you leave me hanging when it comes to them!" He said in frustration.

Rooster took a step into his room, locked the door and leaned against the door.

"But we agreed to not bring it up unless I do." Rooster said. He wanted some more information.

"Yeah, and I respected that. But literally it drives me crazy cause every time I see you, I wonder if you're going to kiss me, or if you're going to bring them up." Hangman said looking right at him.

Rooster felt bad. He didn't know this bothered him this much. 

"I'm sorry..." Rooster said. He sighed and rubbed his neck. "The reason why I haven't mentioned it is because I'm scared. I'm scared that the moment we both get attached, that'll be when everything goes bad for us." Rooster said.

"I understand that too well..." hangman said.

Rooster sighed and looked at him. Hangman looked back. "I'm still staying by that promise though. Until you are man enough to bring them up, I'm not going to say a word about them."

Rooster stood there and stayed silent. Hangman sighed and looked down at his gear and nodded. "What did I expect... you've gone almost two months not talking about it. I should've known."

He started to walk to his room.

"Jake..."

Hangman paused. He forgot rooster knew his name. He turned and looked at Rooster. "What..."

Rooster was looking down. He looked a bit flustered. "Let me make it up to you?" Hangman turned towards him and crossed his arms.

"How so?"

Rooster calmed himself down and looked at him. "Since I have an unbearable crush on an unbearable person, I'm taking you on a date." He said as he walked towards Hangman.

Hangman raised a brow. "And I'm going to be the best date you've ever been on, and I'm going to do this correctly. Okay?"

"Hm.. okay." Hangman said not adjusting his stance.

Rooster smiled softly at that. "Will 6:00 work?"

"6:00 works fine. Flowers?" Rooster asked.

"Surprise me."

"Hm, alrighty then. See you tonight." Rooster waved and stepped out of his room.

Hangman chuckled and grabbed his phone and called Phoenix.

"Girl, I got shit to tell you."

Iceman typed away on his computer, finishing up his PEACE project. Maverick knocked on the door and came in.

"Hey director-" Maverick paused and looked at him. Ice looked at him and raised a brow.

"Is that my shirt?"

Ice forgot he was wearing Mavs shirt. "Oh- yes. I'm sorry. I didn't pack a bag, and I needed a work shirt that wasn't messed up and bloodied." Ice said as he was getting ready to apologize again.

"It looks really good on you." Maverick said as he walked over to the desk and placed a coffee in front of ice. Ice thanked him and sipped his coffee.

Maverick sat in front of his desk and glanced at ice. He saw the bruises on his neck get deeper in color.

He hated the fact that those intruders used such an aggressive way to try and kill Ice. He also suspected that people were making assumptions.

He placed his coffee down on the table and walked over to Ice.

Ice was typing on his computer. Maverick gently tapped the bruises, which resulted in Ice swatting his hand away from him.

"You need to get those checked." Mav said. Ice looked up at Maverick and leaned back in his chair.

"No." Ice said confidently.

Maverick was going to say something but an oh so familiar squeal filled the room. Both Mav and Ice turned and saw Anne.

"Papa!!" She ran over to ice and hugged him. "Oh sweetheart!" Ice said as he scooped her up and kissed her head and cheek.

She giggled went smiled. She didn't noticed the bruises but went on about her new toys. Ice tuned the rest of the world out to listen to her.

While ice was being the dream dad. Maverick watched him, and was awestruck by just how good of a parent he was.

Despite all the drama, he is good at balancing director life with her life. He made sure that sicnr Slider was gone he'd be there for every step of the way.

That just made Mav smile.