Dancing Spies

Rooster got to his room and pulled on a blue tee shirt, grabbed his black and blue letterman, and dark blue converses and headed down to the restaurant.

He checked out the building and then took a calm walk down the busy street. The sounds of cars zooming down the street, people laughing and chatting on the sidewalks, echoed through his mind.

It was relaxing.

It reminded him of his parents when his father was alive. He started to think of when they got the call but he pushed that memory far back as possible.

He walked into the restaurant got a table for both him and Hangman. He ordered himself a beer and Hangman...

Yeah he didn't know what to order him. He seemed like a beer guy so he ordered two. If hangman didn't like beer he wouldn't mind drinking another one.

As 7 rolled around the corner, Hangman walked in. He was in a red shirt, blue jeans, and black tennis shoes. Rooster didn't say anything cause he caught himself watching him.

He snapped back as Hangman walked over. "Hey man. Ah beer, perfect." He said with a smile as he took a sip.

Rooster chuckled. "Thank god you like beer. Sat here for a bit contemplating between getting you wine or beer."

"Lucky for you I like both." Hangman said with a chuckle. Rooster chuckled a bit at that. "I'll take note of that."

Hangman leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms and looked at Rooster mischievously. "Taking notes huh? Planning on taking me on a second date?"

"Who said this was a date?" Rooster said with a smirk.

"Said the guy who is taking notes to take me out to eat/ drink again." He teased.

"Oh I totally plan on taking you out to do this again." Rooster said with a laugh

Hangman just chuckled as he sipped his beer again. He sighed as he placed the glass down. "I will only tell you the story behind my fear IF you tell me yours first." He said.

Rooster raised a brow. "Well... last I checked, all I had to do was to get you some drinks."

"Yes, but this is an assignment to give to Maverick." Hangman said.

Rooster sighed and rubbed his neck. He thought about his and looked at Hangman. He never wanted to tell anyone this, especially another guy cause he felt it was cheesy.

"Well...?" Hangman said. Rooster looked at rooster.

"Losing another person I love. And this be on the lines love romantic, family, or platonic." He said nervously. "Now, your story." Rooster said.

Hangman looked at him slightly surprised but nodded. He sipped his beer a bit more to try and loosen himself up.

"So... when I first started in the program, I had a partner. Their code name was Echo. He was so important to me. But we uh... had a mission."

Rooster saw his expression change to one of pain and longing.

"It was supposed to be easy... but we got ambushed and he took a hit for me. We barely made it out..." hangman took a bigger sip of his drink.

"He died in my arms from shock and blood loss. So... I swore to never lose another partner of mine." He said as he stared at his hands.

"I'm so sorry.... I- I shouldn't have asked you." Rooster said feeling extremely sorry.

Hangman looked at him. "No, no. You're good. It helps me when I talk about it..." he said with an chuckle.

Rooster still felt bad. "Anyway that I can help make you feel better? I shouldn't have pressed."

Hangman thought. "Hm...the way you can make me feel better is by another beer and to have a normal conversation with me." He said. Rooster wasn't surprised by the second beer request, but he was on the conversation part.

"Hm... okay." Rooster ordered another beer and just started to talk to him.

As they sat there, 8 o'clock rolled around. The two were still talking and laughing as the others arrived.  Rooster saw them and motioned them over.

Phoenix walked over and sat down with Bob. "Looks like you are getting along?" Phoenix said with a chuckle.

"Nah nah, we're not getting along. We just found something to talk about that doesn't ignite anger between the two of us." Hangman said with a chuckle. Rooster nodded in agreement.

Phoenix just laughed and nodded. "Yeah okay."

Maverick strolled in a few minutes later. "Hey..."

"Hey teach!" Fanboy said as everyone waved and ushered him over. Maverick took a seat next to rooster and got comfortable.

"Let's have some fun before we head back to work tonight!!" Payback said.

Everyone one cheered and ordered food and drinks.

As the night went on, Phoenix, Bob, Fanboy, Payback, Hangman and Coyote all got up to dance will other guests at the restaurant.

Rooster stayed seated with Maverick. Maverick glanced over at Rooster and saw him watched Hangman dance.

Maverick just chuckled. "Just like your father..." rooster looked at Maverick surprised.

"How so?"

"you both ogle the same way."  Maverick teased. Rooster just rolled his eyes until hangman walked over to him and extended a hand.

"Phoenix is challenging me to dance, and everyone is already paired up. Dance with me?" Rooster felt his heart rate pick up a bit.

"Uh... sure?" He took hangman's hand into his. Maverick simply watched the team have fun. He watched the group dancing and thought back to when him and Ice would come here and dance the night away.

They would both be hand in hand and seriously in love. Ice would lead and Maverick would follow...

But the dancing stopped after Maverick lost Goose.

All joy left him. This took a toll on both him and Ice. Ice would try to help him, he would push him away.

Ice had enough with having to watch Maverick destroy himself from the inside out, so... they broke up.

Maverick knew he caused it, but he would rather die than admit it.

But that was the past...

Now Maverick is still just as miserable, and Ice has moved on.